Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hi,

This is the second movement of my Brass Trio(Inchoatam).

I also made revisions on the first movement in relation to kind notes about the dynamics.

I attach both with their concert pitch scores.

As usual any critics is warmly welcome.  I have a chance to revise the works as they are

at the sketch phase.  I will appreciate any peer reviews.

Cheers.

Ali

Note:  I forgot to mention.  Some parts of this work is generated by computer using JAVA and  Jfugue

and MuseSCORE.  It is done to simplify the load of limited aleatory.

Views: 47

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1st movement revised version

Attachments:

Charming, Ali. I thoroughly enjoyed the quartal harmonies and the fugue (on the diminished 5th?). It was thought-provoking and well-conceived, I thought.

Thanks for sharing.

Another achievement, Ali. Well done.

You're getting your money's worth out of the players, that's certain. Good brass lead players will do it. The piece is driven with energy and some interesting harmonies. The ending seemed just a little abrupt. Perhaps a slight tenuto might make it more "we've arrived"! Like a crotchet / quarter note. I haven't tried to analyse the score, bearing in mind you mention aleatoric. Not that I need to - it was pleasure enough to listen. I looked at the score to imagine how it might sound played by professionals. 

More buoyant and a good contrast with the first movement. I'll try to listen to your 1st movement revision later.

All good.

Thank you Jörfi.  I appreciate your kind comments.

Ali

Jörfi Terríson said:

Charming, Ali. I thoroughly enjoyed the quartal harmonies and the fugue (on the diminished 5th?). It was thought-provoking and well-conceived, I thought.

Thanks for sharing.

Hi Dane,

The ending problem is a structural issue, I guess.  Once I fall a way from tonality everything gets ambiguous, form in general, sentences even motifs...  I used aleatory but in a limited sense, with even weighted notes so that they can give a sense of tonic.  But C comes after an F# so called cadence...  No chance...

The good news is: The subtitle of the whole 3 movements work is 'inchoatam'...  Just an excuse...

I almost decided to give subtitles as:

Brass Trio (Inchoatam)

1- Abstraction

2-Perception

3-Metacognition

I appreciate dearly your looks ' at the score to imagine how it might sound played by professionals. '

That is something I haven't had the chance and hence the experience to.  Only my Viola - Piano Sonata has been

performed once in Istanbul and more than 6 times in various cities of Germany(jugend musiziert bundeswettbewerb).

Thank you again for your wonderful comments.

Ali

Dane Aubrun said:

You're getting your money's worth out of the players, that's certain. Good brass lead players will do it. The piece is driven with energy and some interesting harmonies. The ending seemed just a little abrupt. Perhaps a slight tenuto might make it more "we've arrived"! Like a crotchet / quarter note. I haven't tried to analyse the score, bearing in mind you mention aleatoric. Not that I need to - it was pleasure enough to listen. I looked at the score to imagine how it might sound played by professionals. 

More buoyant and a good contrast with the first movement. I'll try to listen to your 1st movement revision later.

All good.

Oh, I'm a violist and pianist! I'd like to see this viola sonata you speak of!

Ali Riza SARAL said:

Hi Dane,

The ending problem is a structural issue, I guess.  Once I fall a way from tonality everything gets ambiguous, form in general, sentences even motifs...  I used aleatory but in a limited sense, with even weighted notes so that they can give a sense of tonic.  But C comes after an F# so called cadence...  No chance...

The good news is: The subtitle of the whole 3 movements work is 'inchoatam'...  Just an excuse...

I almost decided to give subtitles as:

Brass Trio (Inchoatam)

1- Abstraction

2-Perception

3-Metacognition

I appreciate dearly your looks ' at the score to imagine how it might sound played by professionals. '

That is something I haven't had the chance and hence the experience to.  Only my Viola - Piano Sonata has been

performed once in Istanbul and more than 6 times in various cities of Germany(jugend musiziert bundeswettbewerb).

Thank you again for your wonderful comments.

Ali

Dane Aubrun said:

All good.

Well, coincidentally....!  

But I'm not exactly accomplished at viola. I'd guess around Grede 6

Jörfi Terríson said:

Oh, I'm a violist and pianist! I'd like to see this viola sonata you speak of!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service