Replies

• Schindler's List springs to mind

• Hi,

I wonder why, I was not thinking about this topic, nor the music has anything to do with Williams' music it is not even remotely similar. 

Regards

Tillerich said:

Schindler's List springs to mind

Bagatelle
    Hi, This is a recording of myself performing my latest work for solo piano Bagatelle In C sharp minor Regards, Saul Saul Gefen · Bagattele
  • Very enjoyable to listen to -- it reminds me of Chopin, though the melodic line is more straightforward than his usually are.  Another Chopinesque thing is that it has at least to me a certain Eastern European feeling, maybe because of the key.  I could see this being an effective and evocative music track for a period drama film or video.

• From about 1:12 on, I found this quite exquisite. Agree with Jon, Chopin was the first composer that came to mind listening to this. Before 1:12, I felt the rhythmically simpler music with which the piece begins was spun out too much - would like to have heard that as a first paragraph so to speak. Once you ventured away from there, it became truly beautiful and Chopinesque.

BTW, I must say, Saul, your piano playing has wonderful tone!

• Hi,

Thank you for your comments, I think you are correct to say that it has an Eastern European feel because I was born in Eastern Europe, Maybe it had something to do with that.

Best,

Saul

Jon Corelis said:

Very enjoyable to listen to -- it reminds me of Chopin, though the melodic line is more straightforward than his usually are.  Another Chopinesque thing is that it has at least to me a certain Eastern European feeling, maybe because of the key.  I could see this being an effective and evocative music track for a period drama film or video.

Bagatelle
    Hi, This is a recording of myself performing my latest work for solo piano Bagatelle In C sharp minor Regards, Saul Saul Gefen · Bagattele
  • Thank You Liz.

I personally like the beginning theme the most , it is a different feeling when you're playing it. 

I'm surprised about the Chopin similarity of style. But I take that as a compliment, much appreciated.

Liz Atems said:

From about 1:12 on, I found this quite exquisite. Agree with Jon, Chopin was the first composer that came to mind listening to this. Before 1:12, I felt the rhythmically simpler music with which the piece begins was spun out too much - would like to have heard that as a first paragraph so to speak. Once you ventured away from there, it became truly beautiful and Chopinesque.

BTW, I must say, Saul, your piano playing has wonderful tone!

Bagatelle
  • Dear Saul, what a moving piano piece!! I love it from beginning to end!!! I could listen to it over and over. . .indeed a Chopin flavor in the piece...can you present the notes? Thank you!!!
    Gerd
  • Wow Saul! It's a very beautiful piece! I don't want to be reminded of any other composer, this is a Saul Gefen.

Did you have anything particular in mind while writing this?

Thanks for posting....

• Thank you Gerd for your very kind words. Glad you enjoy this music. I'm still working on the score. 

Regards

Gerd Prengel said:

Dear Saul, what a moving piano piece!! I love it from beginning to end!!! I could listen to it over and over. . .indeed a Chopin flavor in the piece...can you present the notes? Thank you!!!
    Gerd
    Bagatelle
  • Thank you Joost!

I had the melody main theme in mind for quite some time, maybe more then a year. I got the melody while improvising on the piano and decided to develop it even further, I finally got to do it recently, and thus you have the completed work.

I would say that the piece is romantic and evokes feelings of love and inspiration.

Glad you enjoyed it, Best of Wishes!

Joost Visser said:

Wow Saul! It's a very beautiful piece! I don't want to be reminded of any other composer, this is a Saul Gefen.

Did you have anything particular in mind while writing this?

Thanks for posting....

Bagatelle
This reply was deleted.