Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

This is a classical piano piece that was inspired by masters like Beethoven and Clementi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ab8Y-vTchw

Views: 76

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very nice. For some reason, I kept wondering what this would sound like on a  harpsichord. Although it works fine on piano. It sounds like the una corda pedal was on, which suggests the toned-down sound of the instruments that would have been available at the time of the masters whose style you are emulating. But that may just be the result of the sampled piano you are using. In any case, it comes off very authentic. 

A very nice piece and study. I am not deceived that it would be easy to play to sound that even. It's full of Clementi-styled phrases that develop finger-independence. Bars 3-6 look quite tricky and the trill in bar 13 would get students working on their ring-middle finger trilling. Maybe you'd play if differently.

The switch to the minor and the modulations flowed very nicely. It sounded as if played on a fortepiano. 

Totally accomplished, yes. Simple? Not so sure.

Thanks for the chance to listen.

Cheers, Dane

Pleasantly nice and enjoyable.

Beethoven surely was influenced a lot by Clementi.

Regards,

Saul Gefen

Hi Michael,

thank you for your answer. Well ... I do not know too much about the technical stuff - this is just a musescore 3 product. Of course it would be much better to have it performed and recorded professionally but up to now I lack the skill and opportunity. Once I published a self-recorded piano piece but the sound was awful ...

I agree with you that it would sound fine an harpsichord.

Kind regards,

Jan

michael diemer said:

Very nice. For some reason, I kept wondering what this would sound like on a  harpsichord. Although it works fine on piano. It sounds like the una corda pedal was on, which suggests the toned-down sound of the instruments that would have been available at the time of the masters whose style you are emulating. But that may just be the result of the sampled piano you are using. In any case, it comes off very authentic. 

Hello Dane,

thanks again to hear from you. Yes I think you are right, I now started to study the piece a little bit and it is indeed not so easy with all the trills.

I will practice the piece and possibly this will lead to changes in the notation.

Kind regards,

Jan

Dane Aubrun said:

A very nice piece and study. I am not deceived that it would be easy to play to sound that even. It's full of Clementi-styled phrases that develop finger-independence. Bars 3-6 look quite tricky and the trill in bar 13 would get students working on their ring-middle finger trilling. Maybe you'd play if differently.

The switch to the minor and the modulations flowed very nicely. It sounded as if played on a fortepiano. 

Totally accomplished, yes. Simple? Not so sure.

Thanks for the chance to listen.

Cheers, Dane

Hi Saul,

thank you for your assessment and the info! The "model" for this piece was Clementi op. 36 No. 5. A brilliant work.

Cheers,

Jan

Saul Gefen said:

Pleasantly nice and enjoyable.

Beethoven surely was influenced a lot by Clementi.

Regards,

Saul Gefen

Well done. Enjoyable piece. Feels it suits the harpsichord better since there is no dynamic in the piece.

Cheers,

Kjell

Hello Kjell,

I think you are right with the harpsichord though I like the piano version too. Yes, there is not much dynamic in the piece, probably none. Interesting observation, didn't see that. I learned something from your comment. Thank you very much!

Kind regards

Jan

Kjell Prytz said:

Well done. Enjoyable piece. Feels it suits the harpsichord better since there is no dynamic in the piece.

Cheers,

Kjell

Instead of using Musescore, the piece has now been interpreted by a professional pianist. I also modified the score and added it to the video for better following.

I am still thankful for thoughts.

Enjoy.

I'm in a better mood now after listening!  Very nice and a fun piece.  

Thanks for posting! 

Doug 

Thank you Doug, I am very happy to hear that :)

Jan

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service