Autumn

Score attached,

Regards,

Saul

Views: 107

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The melody is good but the performance  is varying between amateur and pro like at the beginning it's like a child is playing emphasizing on almost all the notes but then at 1:50 it becomes much more dynamic and natural. I'd suggest a little more time spent on note dynamics since this is a piano solo piece.. loved the change at 2:10. Good ending. Good luck.

I need hardly comment and I hope 8Rivers will excuse me disagreeing about the performance which so formed part of the mood. Playing quietly needs a lot of control that has to come unobtrusively and once again you seem in complete command of your art.

It captures the wistful sadness of autumn to me, the year closing but with the promise of renewal.

VERY easy to listen to and to me a performance that matches anything commercial for anything approaching this genre though you seem to have a style of your own. 

Are you aware that I'm performing my own music?

8Rivers said:

The melody is good but the performance  is varying between amateur and pro like at the beginning it's like a child is playing emphasizing on almost all the notes but then at 1:50 it becomes much more dynamic and natural. I'd suggest a little more time spent on note dynamics since this is a piano solo piece.. loved the change at 2:10. Good ending. Good luck.

Thank you Dane for your kind words!

Dane Aubrun said:

I need hardly comment and I hope 8Rivers will excuse me disagreeing about the performance which so formed part of the mood. Playing quietly needs a lot of control that has to come unobtrusively and once again you seem in complete command of your art.

It captures the wistful sadness of autumn to me, the year closing but with the promise of renewal.

VERY easy to listen to and to me a performance that matches anything commercial for anything approaching this genre though you seem to have a style of your own. 

I see...I was under the impression that it was a production but it is a performance... Then I can't comment on the performance, since I'm not a performer also as Dane pointed out playing quietly need a lot of experience. So I wish you good luck in both areas, both composing and performing. 
Saul Gefen said:

Are you aware that I'm performing my own music?

8Rivers said:

It’s its simplicity which makes this piece so beautiful.

Thank You Michael!

Michael Lofting said:

It’s its simplicity which makes this piece so beautiful.

Hi Saul,

It’s a lovely piece, well written, all notes have a purpose and a reason to be where they are. I like the clarity of the story and the consistency with which you bring your story. The piano sounds great and I think you play it very well!! If a piece of music makes me stop doing what I’m doing then it means something to me. If it makes me print out the score it means I want to see what I’m listening to…..it sounds like you wrote this in one fruitful wave of inspiration.

Are there some inconsistencies between what you play and the score? For example in bar 15 I don’t hear the eighth triplet D? Anyway, for some reason I’m having trouble reading the score.

Bar 37 last quarter note G sharp, beautiful!
From bar 52 until the end, very well done!

A great contribution Saul! Thanks for posting!

Oh, btw, may I invite you to listen to my last piece "Impact", I would love to have your opinion (if you hate it, no worries, I can handle it...haha)

How I value a good performance by a good interpreter!

How I wish I could do it and not have to go to computer productions. . .

It is music very pleasant and easy to listen to and captures the listener's attention.

Congratulations on getting this great music.

Saludos

Hi Joost,

Sorry for the late response I was away on a holiday vacation. Yes I do at times slightly change the way I perform my music not entirely true to the score. This was a draft score that needs more work, and is not the final product.

Glad you found this piece enjoyable I will check out your work and give my opinion on it.

Best of Wishes

Saul

Joost Visser said:

Hi Saul,

It’s a lovely piece, well written, all notes have a purpose and a reason to be where they are. I like the clarity of the story and the consistency with which you bring your story. The piano sounds great and I think you play it very well!! If a piece of music makes me stop doing what I’m doing then it means something to me. If it makes me print out the score it means I want to see what I’m listening to…..it sounds like you wrote this in one fruitful wave of inspiration.

Are there some inconsistencies between what you play and the score? For example in bar 15 I don’t hear the eighth triplet D? Anyway, for some reason I’m having trouble reading the score.

Bar 37 last quarter note G sharp, beautiful!
From bar 52 until the end, very well done!

A great contribution Saul! Thanks for posting!

Oh, btw, may I invite you to listen to my last piece "Impact", I would love to have your opinion (if you hate it, no worries, I can handle it...haha)

Thanks Ramon for your kind words!

Best Regards,

Saul

Ramon Capsada Blanch said:

How I value a good performance by a good interpreter!

How I wish I could do it and not have to go to computer productions. . .

It is music very pleasant and easy to listen to and captures the listener's attention.

Congratulations on getting this great music.

Saludos

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service