I'm thinking of paying the $300, but am a bit leery because they aren't asking for composed instrumental music that I can see.  Lots more requests for Country, Hip Hop, SingerSongWriter, in short, more "popular" stuff.  It's a bit puzzling because many many movies have more serious composed music.

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good idea Emily !!!

Emily Miller Bond said:
    No, I haven't submitted anything.  I have to pay the $300 first, and I don't think I will.
  • This business is all about having good contacts. If you have an agent or manager who is well connected, fine. If not it's a rocky road indeed.

will individual agents or managers take commitments with instrumental music ( production music ) if the composer is not also a performers ( and performs often enough ) ???

especially, of course, if on a profit-share basis ???

up to now I've never found one ...

• Following Emily Bond Query ...

radio airplay is another possible self-promotion tool, not so much for production music perhaps, but surely if you have easy-listening instrumentals ...

of course, there is a racket there ...

but ... experimenting with a site like TWEEWOO for instance should cost a few dollars ( if I understood well cost is 1 cent per track play ) ... anyhow this should be the order of magnitude, meaning with 10 $ you get 1000 plays ... if your track is available for sale it is easy to verify if the campaign works ...

I'm not doing that, but I might try it sometime ...

This reply was deleted.