Annual Donation Drive

Every year The Composers’ Forum pays an annual fee of $599.00 to Ning, the company that owns the software the site runs on. This annual fee is due at the end of October. In order for the site to continue, your help is needed. If you'd like this site to stick around, please consider making a donation. If enough members donate, the site will continue. The Annual Donation Drive will run through the end of September. If you’d like to see this site continue, please make a donation using the link above. Comments and questions about the Donation Drive may be posted below>

Gav

CF Site Manager

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• To the person who just donated 25.00, thank you! Your donation came in with a different e-mail address than I have on file for you, so I am not sure who made this donation, but it is much appreciated!

Gav

•  Haven't been here in a while. It looks a lot better than what I remember. Donation gladly donated. Let's see if I can post some music too.

• Thanks Victor!

• I'm probably not alone in having been absent for a while. The past year and a half were not conducive to writing or contributing for me. I know different parts of the world dealt with the pandemic very differently,  

However, it was this forum that got me writing in the first place, and for that I will always be grateful. Hopefully, as the UK begins to open up again I may resume the momentum.

Best wishes to all contributers, and to Gavin who has done a great job on the site update.

• Thanks so much Graeme, and we hope to hear from you with new music soon!

Gav

• If you've been a member here for a while and get use out of this site, please consider donating to help it keep going. Thanks!

Gav
    Site Manager
    Composers' Forum

• The Annual campaign will end on Oct 7, or when the donations reach the goal. If we don't make goal, I will post a notice about whether the site will continue after Oct 7. If you think this site is valuable, there's only one way to show it, please consider donating to help pay for it!

• Shying away because you haven't donated to the Annual Donation drive yet and you don't like being reminded of that every time you come to this page? Solve two problems at once! Make a donation to help ensure this site continues and post away guilt-free! 

• Hello my fellow composers,  the Donation Drive is drawing to a close here and we have had a good turnout and we are close to having enough money to continue with Composer's Forum but we are not there yet so please consider helping out.  CF has never been subscription only but if we can't support the forum on a voluntary basis it will either be paid members only or no forum at all which none of us wants I'm sure.  Thanks to all who are supporting us!

• Hi, Ingo, I've thoroughly enjoyed my chats with you which have been most inspiring and encouraging -

but I wonder: should I otherwise be here? During September I posted 10+ reviews/crits of members' works and engaged in 3 "technical" conversations. I also posted 2 of my own works - but received just two comments (one from yourself). Don't get me wrong, I'm highly appreciative of those comments - but just two comments? When I asked for criticism? Both pieces are almost opposites in harmonic style - one easy the other more difficult. No one said "that's nasty" or "I don't understand it," let alone that it's comprehensible, except the two responses.

I didn't post my music merely to get it listened to like drive-through poster sometimes do (and I don't come here just to listen to music either but to give an opinion).

Point is, on that scale - is it worth me posting music in future? Seems not. So I probably won't. But I'll keep in touch in case anyone asks for help/suggestion in my limited sphere of knowledge. Unless, of course, the site closes.

But thank you sincerely for your engagement here. 

This reply was deleted.