My latest work for orchestra:-

And then, the 6:47 chimes went crazy

The 647 in the title refers to the 4 note motif used throughout the piece - (a) down a 6th (b) up a 4th (c) down a 7th.

(Because of the 7MB limit on file attachments, have to attach link to Soundcloud)

You can also listen to the piece on my https://composersforum.ning.com/profile/DavidStowell page.

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Fantastic! What program are you using for the sound?
  • It was created in Sibelius (6.2) using the Sibelius Essential sounds, plus added reverb and a little bit of stereo widening.

Becca Kephart said:
    Fantastic! What program are you using for the sound?
  • I really, really enjoyed this!  The orchestration is fantastic.  I imagined a world of machines, but then it because something else entirely.
  • Glad you enjoyed it.

I don't, on the whole, like to attach descriptions of what my music represents, as I prefer the listener to feel free to visualise what they want from listening to the music.

Therefore, your description of  'a world of machines' is perfectly valid.

Emily Miller Bond said:

I really, really enjoyed this!  The orchestration is fantastic.  I imagined a world of machines, but then it because something else entirely.
  • Excellent. Listening to this I was transported to a 60's British thriller. You captured the essence of that genre for me. I'm impressed of the level of expression you're able to obtain with Sibelius. I'm now thinking of picking up 7.0 and switching from Finale. The Sibelius Essentials aren't bad. The strings are a little synth-ish but not overly so. Nice glisses and chromatic flairs. Snares sound a little robotic. I like the use of the low register of the piano and the brass work is excellent. This is the most expressive work I've heard from a scoring package yet. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Art

This reply was deleted.