Hello Everyone!
This is my First post here! and I'm loving this forum!!

This is one of my latest amateur orchestral/epic tracks..
I composed this track mainly for fun, I was thinking about Humanity, War, Politics, Tyranny, Agony..
The main melody/tune was composed by one take improvisation in few minutes, it took me Two days to decide the composition, It took me about a week in orchestration, mixing and mastering..

I would like to know what do you think about it in general, Composition, Originality, Sound Realism, Mixing and Mastering and anything that comes to your mind!

I hope you enjoy :)

Mohammad W Alsaad - Agony of Delight 160kbps.mp3

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mohammad,

I liked this.  You had a lot of really good ideas here for an "Epic" piece.

I only had two concerns;

The piece starts big and stays big all the way through.  It sounds like there are places where you wrote for a bit softer dynamic, but I feel you could pull the level down even more.  It will make the larger sections seem bigger.

The second thing is with so many different elements happening at once, if you could give them more clarity in the mix.  I'm sorry, this is one of those things I can hear, but don't have the knowledge to give a suggestion of how to fix.  Perhaps some other members with more experience in mixing/mastering could help here.

Overall, very cool piece.  Looking forward to hearing more of your music.

Tim

• Thanks Tim..
    and Thanks for the like,
    Yes! I think I should have adjusted the Levels, I was too lazy to add these last touches ,I didn't know it's gonna be that obvious..
    about your second comment, I was a bit skeptical about this aspect, I could not decide myself maybe because my ears got used to it.. I think I made some mess between 2:30 to 3:00 if that's what you were referring to..

Thanks for the critique, it was good to know!
    I will post more music soon!

Tim Marko said:

Mohammad,

I liked this.  You had a lot of really good ideas here for an "Epic" piece.

I only had two concerns;

The piece starts big and stays big all the way through.  It sounds like there are places where you wrote for a bit softer dynamic, but I feel you could pull the level down even more.  It will make the larger sections seem bigger.

The second thing is with so many different elements happening at once, if you could give them more clarity in the mix.  I'm sorry, this is one of those things I can hear, but don't have the knowledge to give a suggestion of how to fix.  Perhaps some other members with more experience in mixing/mastering could help here.

Overall, very cool piece.  Looking forward to hearing more of your music.

Tim

(Agony Of Delight) - Epic Orchestral Attempt
    Hello Everyone! This is my First post here! and I'm loving this forum!! This is one of my latest amateur orchestral/epic tracks.. I composed this tr…
  • Mixing and mastering isn't a strength of mine other than to comment that I was able to hear what was going on under the melody reasonably well. What caught my ear was right near the end, the strings. 

On composition and originality, I like contrast, especially in harmonic content. I know how hard that is to do. I recently got a cheap little paperback book, Modulation by Max Reger. It's a systematic collection of modulations from every key to every other key. Each modulation is a two-bar progression written in four voices on piano staff, plus a brief analysis. I only recently got it and haven't tried  it yet, but I expect to. It would be nice if we could all take lessons from Madame Boulanger, but instead most of us have to get this stuff any which way we can.

This reply was deleted.