A Walk In The Park

Hello All!

Frankly I'm a little nervous to upload my very first piece of music on this site but here goes!

Again, this is my numero uno and im looking for critique to improve. Any time spent commenting is very appreciated - here's the story:

All I knew was that I wanted to write a happy piece of music. The reason its so short is I did not know how to continue it. I applied all my (non existent) mixing skills. And its made in Garageband with 3rd party instruments.

Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/peterlysander/a-walk-in-the-park

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey Rick thanks for your reply! I do the same thing (or try to anyways)... listen the song to end and try to figure out what comes next. Sometimes nothing just happens haha. 
    Cheers

Rick Waugh said:

Very fun start, you could go a lot of places with that. I like the thoughts about writing things down, to come up with a "plot" for the piece. And there are lots of things you can do, such as a key change, or a different melody with the same rhythm, or a different rhythm with the same melody. The thing I do the most, is listen to my piece, then when it ends, just try to sing, or hear something in your head, for what would come next. Total non-judgemental, just let it go. Write it down. It might not be perfect. But there's a good chance that it's a starting point.

A Walk In The Park
    Hello All! Frankly I'm a little nervous to upload my very first piece of music on this site but here goes! Again, this is my numero uno and im looki…
  • Quite enjoyable to listen to. Very upbeat! Good job!

• Thanks Jérémie!

Jérémie Lhomme said:

Quite enjoyable to listen to. Very upbeat! Good job!

A Walk In The Park
    Hello All! Frankly I'm a little nervous to upload my very first piece of music on this site but here goes! Again, this is my numero uno and im looki…
This reply was deleted.