Mission Failed - A sci-fi soundtrack

Hans Zimmer Style Soundtrack (Mission Failed)
It's probably gonna be used in a sci-fi ,Alien(1979) inspired film made by my friends in the nearish future.
Please let me know your thoughts
Thanks in advance ;)

https://soundcloud.com/m_masoomi/mission-failed

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi 8Rivers,

This came across to me as a good fit for your title, in an ambient movie vein, which I think you also intended.

Well done!

Gav

• yeah it's a tale of betrayals that leads to a mission becoming a disaster. Glad you think it's well done Gav!

Gav Brown said:

Hi 8Rivers,

This came across to me as a good fit for your title, in an ambient movie vein, which I think you also intended.

Well done!

Gav

Hans Zimmer Style Soundtrack (Mission Failed) It's probably gonna be used in a sci-fi ,Alien(1979) inspired film made by my friends in the nearish fu…
  • You have a good command of arranging and sound production 8 Rivers.  To me it doesn't seem foreboding or threatening, you could probably easily insert some darker and more dissonant elements but it's your piece and it works well as is.

• Thanks for your kind words Ingo Lee, can you explain the sound that this piece could benefit from? what are you hearing (in your mind) is what I mean

Ingo Lee said:

You have a good command of arranging and sound production 8 Rivers.  To me it doesn't seem foreboding or threatening, you could probably easily insert some darker and more dissonant elements but it's your piece and it works well as is.

Hans Zimmer Style Soundtrack (Mission Failed) It's probably gonna be used in a sci-fi ,Alien(1979) inspired film made by my friends in the nearish fu…
  • Hi 8 rivers -  You have the poster from 'Alien' on your SoundCloud page for this recording. If you listen to the theme music for Alien you'll hear what is stereo typed as foreboding or threatening music.  Your piece starts with an upbeat rhythm. You have some major key melodies.  Low pitched dark sounding effects in minor keys with slow tempos and disorganized rhythms are more disturbing. But that's a traditional approach, you can do whatever you like and start something new!

• Hello

I listened to the Alien's main theme again but I should have said before that this is by no means a scary soundtrack , but it's a thriller soundtrack. I know the difference is sometimes hard to tell but it's there and I thanks to your comment , if the director says make the song scary as well, I'll use this advice for sure.

Ingo Lee said:

Hi 8 rivers -  You have the poster from 'Alien' on your SoundCloud page for this recording. If you listen to the theme music for Alien you'll hear what is stereo typed as foreboding or threatening music.  Your piece starts with an upbeat rhythm. You have some major key melodies.  Low pitched dark sounding effects in minor keys with slow tempos and disorganized rhythms are more disturbing. But that's a traditional approach, you can do whatever you like and start something new!

This reply was deleted.