Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hi,

This piece is written for Strings and Piano.

Light from the Darkness

Regards,

Saul

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Saul,

I like the extended strings parts with sometimes varying shades. As a string composition this maintains a nice even rhythmic continuity throughout. I could hear loud and louder dynamics. 

I could hear horns parts in it to move it out of the established system used. I'm thinking french horn. We are all different though so I don't expect you to adopt my thinking on it.

Nice work and thanks for sharing.

Dear Saul,

I am not so fond with the somewhat repetetious string patterns from the first part, but the the part after 4:50 and especially at 6:00 - after the "light" has broken through the sky when everything resolves and the piano set in - this has an undesribable beauty, really great!!! Maybe you can write some more slower pieces with such wonderful emotions and sounds like these at 6:00? :-)

Hi Tim,

Glad you liked the piece, glad you liked the string section. I think that your suggestion to add French horns could work and it makes sense. Thanks again for listening and commenting.

Timothy Smith said:

Hi Saul,

I like the extended strings parts with sometimes varying shades. As a string composition this maintains a nice even rhythmic continuity throughout. I could hear loud and louder dynamics. 

I could hear horns parts in it to move it out of the established system used. I'm thinking french horn. We are all different though so I don't expect you to adopt my thinking on it.

Nice work and thanks for sharing.

Hi Gerd,

As far as the string section, well do you think that the piano section would have been so effective without the opening string section? I think that this creates the right contrast between each section and thus it is more effective. On the other hand it is somewhat possible to shorten the string section, something that I did try to do while composing the piece, but then figured that it was just too complicated to do because of all the other sections in the piece, they had to be edited as well, and that was too time consuming, though I didn't totally rejected the possibility of shortening the string section as of yet, I might still do that.

I agree that the piano section as it enters the piece in a very natural and innocent way as the storm subsides it creates a sense of serenity and calmness evocative of the light, glad you found that appealing as I did.

Thanks for listening and for your nice comments,

Best Wishes

Gerd Prengel said:

Dear Saul,

I am not so fond with the somewhat repetetious string patterns from the first part, but the the part after 4:50 and especially at 6:00 - after the "light" has broken through the sky when everything resolves and the piano set in - this has an undesribable beauty, really great!!! Maybe you can write some more slower pieces with such wonderful emotions and sounds like these at 6:00? :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service