Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hi All,

I wanted to know what you think of this guitar piece? I like how it sounds so far, I think I just need to make some choices about how long I want each part, and how long each part should be. I also will be adding a melody to go on top of these arpeggios. 

I sometimes feel nervous that I will make the wrong choices but I guess I can always go back and fix them or try different avenues. Sometimes I dread going back to work on these songs. How do you get yourself inspired or how do you make it fun for yourselves?

Thanks,

Diego C

Views: 25

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Diego, welcome to the forum! 

This piece sounds just fine the way it is, you already have harmony and an implied melody with an ABA song form that is used by many other songs. You can extend this or add parts to it or call it good and move on to something else, it's all completely up to you. Everybody has opinions and will say good or bad things about your music whether you are Beethoven or the kid next door but the only opinion that matters is your own so find it and follow it.

There are many varieties of music and composers here. The main genre here is classical but there's plenty of other stuff and most people here are pretty mellow and encouraging in their comments, which is great, so go ahead and post whatever you feel like.

I think we all love music and want to hear it and play it so we end up writing it, why question it?

Hi Diego,

This has a nice feel to it. I empathize with your uncertainty as I can put a lot of time into crafting a very short bit and then lose interest before I have figured out where it's going. So I typically move on to something else hoping that I will return to it later, but that rarely pans out.

Maybe once you add a melody, things will become clearer?

Hi Ingo Lee,

Thanks for the feedback and the welcome. You're right, I don't have to question it as much. Thanks!

Ingo Lee said:

Hi Diego, welcome to the forum! 

This piece sounds just fine the way it is, you already have harmony and an implied melody with an ABA song form that is used by many other songs. You can extend this or add parts to it or call it good and move on to something else, it's all completely up to you. Everybody has opinions and will say good or bad things about your music whether you are Beethoven or the kid next door but the only opinion that matters is your own so find it and follow it.

There are many varieties of music and composers here. The main genre here is classical but there's plenty of other stuff and most people here are pretty mellow and encouraging in their comments, which is great, so go ahead and post whatever you feel like.

I think we all love music and want to hear it and play it so we end up writing it, why question it?

Hi Harmonius,

Yes, you're right maybe that will clear it up. It's nice to hear I'm not the only one struggling with going back to older pieces.

Thanks,

Diego

Harmonius said:

Hi Diego,

This has a nice feel to it. I empathize with your uncertainty as I can put a lot of time into crafting a very short bit and then lose interest before I have figured out where it's going. So I typically move on to something else hoping that I will return to it later, but that rarely pans out.

Maybe once you add a melody, things will become clearer?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service