Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Suggestions on Software/Hardware for beginning composer

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone could help me by telling me what kind of stuff I need to record my songs on my computer. All I have currently is a keyboard with MIDI output and an 8-track digital recorder (which I don't want to have to use anymore, due to quality and limitations). I compose video game music, so I'm interested in orchestra sounds, rather than, say, techno or hip-hop sounds or whatever. I've done some research on software, but I still don't know what all I need to get started. Like, if I bought Tascam's Gigastudio 3.0 Orchestra, would I be able to record songs with it, using my keyboard's MIDI output to access the sounds libraries, and not needing any other software? See, I just don't know if that's all I need to buy or if I need more programs or what. So if anyone can give me some suggestions, that would be great.

I'm gonna try to attach a file of one of my songs, just to give an example of what I try to do. Sorry about the low volume.

Views: 88

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Also, has anyone heard of Advanced Orchestra Set GIGA as a sound library? Can anyone give me some info on that in comparison to the other products we've discussed?
Chris, that flow-chart is scary lookin. !
Hi,
I would recommend you to try with Myriad Harmony Assistant and its Virtual Singer. Free trial.
Regards

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service