HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Hello my dear friends and composers. I just posted a new compostiion for fun for Halloween under my profile called Toccata & Fugue D Minor. It consists of EWQL Gold XP, Stormdrum, Atmospheres, Peter Seidlecheks Complete Orchestra, MOTU Symphonic Orchestra It's just a fun piece that I threw together overnight. I am sure it needs tweaking. Its a modern version of Bachs Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. Let me know what you think. You can also listen to the same thing at my website... spdmusicpriductions.com! Thanks and hope to hear from you soon! Stephen

You need to be a member of Composers' Forum to add comments!

Join Composers' Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• its tricky to mix pipe organ with other instruments. Hard enough with orchestral sounds, and harder with "cinematic" sound design and instruments. There are a lot of elements that i like here (like the little runs up in the strings, assuming its written and not a sample of the riff) but for me re-hashing bach in this way doesnt quite work for me. Maybe if you took the melody and made a variation and used something other then pipe organ to play it it would sit better for me. nice work in there tho! Keep on doing it :)
    • Hey Thanks Chris for your responce. Finally somebody noticed my work. I am glad that you like the elements of this modern arragement. I really just pieced it together for halloween fun. I am not sure what I wanted the score to be . Yes the string runs are real arppagioslayed by me. Good idea about using another main instrument in this piece instead of the organ, although I was just trying to make it spookie and the organ being authentic seemed to fit. I appreciate your honesty and critique. I will keep doing it as you so advised!!
      Thanks my friend!
      Stephen
This reply was deleted.