Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

All Discussions Tagged 'music' (141)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Upgrading Finale to 2010?

I'm looking to upgrade from Finale 2008 Academic to 2010. I investigated it, and I found it impressive as to the number of features added s…

Started by Dan Lis

0 Aug 17, 2009

Piano composition - Second Home

Here's another piano composition! This one was based on an improvisation and is lyrical but has a simple accompaniment. Feel free to let me…

Started by Kento

3 Aug 3, 2009
Reply by Adrian Allan

The Life of your pieces

I while ago in my composition studio class we discussed how long is life of a piece of music. We discussed the life of a piece of music; fr…

Started by Tyler Hughes

3 Jul 30, 2009
Reply by Chris Alpiar

Wind Quartet: In a Lake - Life! & Snow is Falling

In A Lake - Life! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYmQT-c8Hmw Snow is Falling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU0Kwh-dm4M A twopart Wind Q…

Started by Kento

0 Jul 27, 2009

The Traditional Versus the Non Traditional

I remember at the start of winter quarter walking into my first composition lesson with a CD full of music that I had composed a year previ…

Started by Cody Weinmann

4 Apr 6, 2009
Reply by Cody Weinmann

Talespin Tribute - a childhood memory

This was really the greatest show of my childhood. Best thing I can remember was the music which really made me listening to film music at…

Started by Marc Teichert

3 Mar 30, 2009
Reply by Marc Teichert

Can a MIDI workstation be used as a controller with programs such as sonar?

I have a Korg 01/Wfd and have been researching production software such as Sonar 8 Producer. I'm trying to figure out the least expensive (…

Started by Deborah Young

2 Feb 2, 2009
Reply by Glenn Simonelli

Dark Troubles Theme

This is the latest composition of mine. I just finished it an hour ago. It's mostly orchestral, with a slight amount of synthesizers in the…

Started by Jeremiah Pena

10 Jan 19, 2009
Reply by Jeremiah Pena

Condemnation towards computer generated music (Sample libraries and such)

Now this is something that happens to me quite often. Have you ever been in the situation where someone asked “What are you using to create…

Started by Denny Schneidemesser

147 Dec 31, 2008
Reply by Biochips

Suggestions on Software/Hardware for beginning composer

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone could help me by telling me what kind of stuff I need to record my songs on my computer. All I have curr…

Started by John Hoge

33 Oct 25, 2008
Reply by Alexander Sadovski

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service