Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Charles Holt's Discussions (56)

Discussions Replied To (55) Replies Latest Activity

"My point was simply that it is not a prerequisite to good music. Of course one shoul…"

Charles Holt replied on Tuesday to Second atempt: here is my first piece on sentiments. (very short but my best at intent)

11 yesterday
Reply by Lucas Oliveira Krumenaur

"Perhaps a useful idea is whether the composer themselves was thinking in your terms…"

Charles Holt replied on Tuesday to Trying to wrap my head around some composition techniques.

18 on Tuesday
Reply by Charles Holt

"Some extraordinarily powerful music is written with little to no counterpoint. It is…"

Charles Holt replied Aug 17 to Second atempt: here is my first piece on sentiments. (very short but my best at intent)

11 yesterday
Reply by Lucas Oliveira Krumenaur

"You had stated "rules are only ever used to teach someone, not for creating art" and…"

Charles Holt replied Jul 31 to The VII° on major.

32 Aug 3
Reply by Claude Werner

"Obviously but if the OP thinks a sample library is expensive he's in for a shock con…"

Charles Holt replied Jul 31 to MIDI renditions, the new CGI?

31 Aug 3
Reply by Claude Werner

"The cost of a good sample library is not that great when considered as an investment…"

Charles Holt replied Jul 29 to MIDI renditions, the new CGI?

31 Aug 3
Reply by Claude Werner

"I belive you can find from well-known composers examples of rules being followed at…"

Charles Holt replied Jul 29 to The VII° on major.

32 Aug 3
Reply by Claude Werner

"These are not rules of execution or craft though Jon. Lucas is asking about very spe…"

Charles Holt replied Jul 28 to The VII° on major.

32 Aug 3
Reply by Claude Werner

"Balking at rules is something I've seeen many composers do. Thy think that their voi…"

Charles Holt replied Jul 28 to The VII° on major.

32 Aug 3
Reply by Claude Werner

"Some of the greatest and most famous music every composed is predictable Rick. Many…"

Charles Holt replied Jul 16 to String Quartet 1 2nd movement.

9 Jul 16
Reply by Dane Aubrun

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2019   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service