Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Composers' Forum Tips and Tricks (88)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Question about a symphony I want to write in the future

Good day to everyone. Here's a question I like to ask to anyone who (thinks (s)he) knows the anser... Some of you might have heard my War S…

Started by Erwin van Delft

15 Nov 29, 2016
Reply by Erwin van Delft

Resources on Rhythm? (Transitions, guidelines, etc)

Something that always bugs me is rhythm. Yes I know how to write rhythms and notate them, but I feel like I am reinventing the wheel every…

Started by Igneous01

6 Nov 24, 2016
Reply by Mike Hewer

Novice composer looking for advice

I'm an aspiring composer who is completely new to composition. I have some background in piano, but I am barely adequate on it now as I've…

Started by lulu zhang

29 Nov 23, 2016
Reply by lulu zhang

Is there a book for intermediate level composing?

As of a few days ago I am beyond the beginner stage. I've done a 10 minute piano competition. I've changed keys. I've changed time sigs. I…

Started by andrew thornton

0 Oct 30, 2016

First Commission!

Ive been Commissioned by a friend and grad student tuba player for a solo tuba piece. Im a little nervous, as its the first time Ive writte…

Started by Jonathan Baldwin

8 Oct 20, 2016
Reply by Kevin riley

Posting works from Soundcloud with Soundcloud player

Sorry its been a while..hope is well by you and yours:) Im trying to post links to my Soundcloud page and works, but cant seem to do it...…

Started by Bob Morabito

6 Oct 18, 2016
Reply by Bob Morabito

Composing with solo classical instruments

Hello everybody,I m a musician that usually composes acoustic type of music. By this, I don't mean that I grab my guitar next to the firepl…

Started by Haris

6 Oct 10, 2016
Reply by Mike Hewer

Question about creating music sheets from a composed song

Hi everyone! I composed several songs on m iPad and keyboard through GarageBand app. But it does not print music sheets unfortunately. And…

Started by Julie D'Olympio

3 Aug 25, 2016
Reply by Lara Poe

Need help

Do you guys know any particular virtual instruments that offers really great percussion risers, like having riser before a very big and hug…

Started by Amirul Hisham Othman

1 Aug 20, 2016
Reply by Greg Brus

Sound quality versus songwriting

Hey everyone, first proper post here, aside from entering the HEAT contest, which i may have to forfeit from due to the thing i'm about to…

Started by Patrax

25 Aug 17, 2016
Reply by Greg Brus

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service