thank You for Your kind words ;) I am happy that You like my music. We all try our best. I listen to Your music right now an I am really impressed! Nice job. I wish You all the best and hope to meet someday. Greets from Germany! Karol…"
What have you composed for? Or what medium do you work around?
Orchestra, Other, television
What is your favorite genre or style of music?
World, Oriental (Middle East)
Is music your main income source?
Where do you live?
UK & Sweden
About Me (MUST be more than 10 words to be approved):
Well my name is Ahmad Al-Jawadi and I'm Iraqi/Swedish, I write Oriental music using the Western background and forms.
I composed many works for the Orchestra, String Orchestra, String quartet, Violin and Piano Two Violins and other groups and sometimes I compose pure Oriental music such as (Samai Hujaz) and I have many works for the Violin solo with the Orchestra; normally I play the solo part in the Oriental style.
I arrange the Oriental songs (Arabic, Kurdish, Turkish or whatever) such as my track (Hawre).
Many of my works were played in Iraq, Jordan, Sweden and two of my works were played in USA (Kurdistan Symphonic Suite/ two movements and Kurdistan National Anthem).
I have several political musical works such as Kurdistan S.S. and Baghdad in Agony, each was built on a story, I write the stories which are taken from the fact or the history or just a short story and then write the music on these stories. Sometimes I write music just to describe my feelings about something has happened such as Jubilation, to read the stories of Kurdistan S.S. please follow the shortcut below:
My music here is mixed between orchestral works and some of them are very Oriental and almost without arrangement such as (Samai Huzaj), almost each track is in different style.
To learn more about me please you can read my biography.
• Born in 1952 Musol, Iraq
• Studied the violin in Ankara one year 1971.
• Studied the music in Cairo Music Conservatory 1972-1977.
• Played with the most famous Arabic orchestras in Cairo such as Al-Neel, Al-Takht Al-Arabi, Hani Mhanna Orchestra, as well as the Conservatory Symphony Orchestra.
• Joined many of the famous Egyptian singers and composers such as Muahmmad Abdel-Wahab.
• Teacher in the Fine Arts Institute 1977-1991 Iraq, Music and Ballet School in Baghdad, 1980-1983.
• Violin player in the Iraqi Symphony Orchestra, 1977-1983.
• Leader of the Iraqi Radio & TV Orchestra, 1977-1981 & 1984-1988.
• Teacher in the National Music Conservatory N.M.C "Queen Noor Al-Hussein Foundation", head of the Solfege Department then the Applied Music Departments 1992-2001, Teacher in the Jordanian Music Academy, Amman, Jordan 1991-2001.
• Leader for the N.M.C Arabic Orchestra and Second violin principle in the N.M.C Orchestra 1991-2001.
• Played with many Swedish orchestras and groups such as Sumer, Al-Andalus, Cappella Cordialis Orchestra, 2001-now.
• Part time teacher for the oriental violin in the Music Academy in Gothenburg 2004-2005.
• Arranged many songs for the Iraqi TV& Radio 1978-1988, N.M.C Orchestra 1991-2001.
• composed many works for the orchestra such as Kurdistan Symphonic Suite, Baghdad in Agony, Al-Rashid, Elegy, Jubilation, Ninawa, Ashur, Ali Baba, Love Melody, Babylon, Anadhol "Anatolia" Dance, composed for some other groups such as Oriental Bee, Bekhal "a Kurdish city", Cousin's Dance, Orient, Samai Hujaz and many more, many of these compositions have been played in Sweden, Kurdistan Symphonic Suite and the Kurdistan Anthem arranged by Al-Jawadi has been played and recorded in USA at the 8th of November 2005.
• Many lectures and workshops in the Oriental Music in Sweden.
• Joined many festivals such as, tours in W.Germany 1976, Italy 1976, Yugoslavia 1976, Carthage Festival in Tunis 1977& 1979, Jarash & Fheas Festivals in Jordan "1992-2001", Uzbekistan the International Music Festival 1997, Cairo Opera Oriental Festival 1997, 1998 & 1999, The Iraqi week at SOAS (London) 2006, many festivals in Sweden such as Umeå folk music festival, Sundusval festival, Stockholm folk music festival, Östersund festival, Göteborg folk festival, Malmö folk festival, Evert Taube's Festival, Krokstrand Festival and many others.
thank You for Your kind words ;) I am happy that You like my music. We all try our best. I listen to Your music right now an I am really impressed! Nice job. I wish You all the best and hope to meet someday. Greets from Germany! Karol Obara http://www.karolobara.com
I am a music tutor (Violin & Viola) at BIS Jakarta. Please listen to the one of my composition on my page, this web, tell you about pentatonic of Java, Nusantara. Lovely. It's, 'SEMANGGI SUROBOYO' one of the real story that I have composed for my orchestra style. And it will be played, in concert, by NUSANTARA CHAMBER CAMPURKESTRA on august this year in Jakarta. And it's the first time for me, as a Music Director and Conductor. Feel free to inform me or give some sugessions or contact me. I have been learning & interesting about ethnic music in my country.
Hi Ahmad, I've found you too now. Your playing is wonderful. Do you have a recording set up at home? I'm sometimes asked for non-Western European violin recordings and (not surprisingly) I can't do it!
Your profile as a Composer looks quite interesting and comprehensive. Just heard your Romeo & Juliet on UTube. Great work and wish you all the best in future! You can visit my Blog (http://music-innate.blogspot.com/) for my Indian Filmi kinda compositions. You can visit the post "Piano Sonatas" in the forum Music Dissection for my Western composition for Piano. You are a String player and I can send the Quartet I'm composing:-)