Please post on this thread any suggestions for a weekly topic. If your topic covers anything arcane in the slightest, you will probably have to explain your concept(s) with the suggestion, and also talk about it in some depth during the week.
- any style interpretation of the chorus of a specific song e.g. country & western version of Smells Like Teen Spirit :-)
- pastiche of a particular composer like Henry Mancini
- a piece made from totally organic sounds from your house e.g. cat, squeaky door, pots n pans
- use only your mouth for musical sounds
- use only 4 notes from C Major but any rhythm & any harmony
It looks like there isn't much activity here...
I had an idea. I propose a cantus firmus be chosen (a given melody to do counterpoint studies off of), and we each do a counterpoint exercise. The number of voices would be up to the composer, however instrumentation must be for voice. (i.e. SATB SSAA TTBB TB SA ST AB SB AT... ect.)
If no one else has the time, I have absolutely nothing to do, so I could potentially organize some of this stuff.
no, apparently Simon has left the composer forum, deleted his account. And so when he did all his posts were auto-deleted, including results from teh competition. You can reach him at email@example.com