Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hi,

I'm performing here my latest composition for solo piano titled Work In B minor.

Best Wishes,

Saul

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This piece is quite nice.  Could maybe alter the tempo a bit more to breathe more life into it, but you do do this already in parts.  This is a virtual piano?  Can I ask what piano sound you're using?

Thanks,

You mean you want the piece to be slower?

Sorry no, didn't mean slower overall, just more variation in the tempo.  That probably means slowing down some moments.  There's already some variation, but I feel a bit more could help.

Hi,

you are aware that it is a classical/baroque style and too much variations in the tempo might not fit this style?

Thanks for the suggestion anyways

I guess I wasn't aware of that.  Just my impression upon listening to the piece, without any thoughts as to genre.  But it's just one opinion and there's no reason you should follow it.

On another thread I mentioned cellist Yo-Yo Ma who was on the Song Exploder podcast (can't even remember if it was this forum, so sorry if I'm repeating myself).  He discusses how his playing of a particular Bach piece has changed over the years.  How he started out trying to play it technically perfectly, but how he later changed to play more expressively.  Anyway you may find it interesting.  Even Bach leaves room for such variations.

http://songexploder.net/yo-yo-ma

Thanks for the link, I will check it.

Regards,

What a tenderness! I feel like hovering ... very beautiful, Saul!

Another superb piece, Saul. More than a hint of the baroque. There's nothing to comment on. It flows, the harmonic progression feels natural and always engaging. It's a lovely performance and the tempo seems fine. Well, it doesn't end in B minor but that's a small detail!

It really is time you put a collation together.

Bests,

Dane.

Thank you Gerd!!!

Gerd Prengel said:

What a tenderness! I feel like hovering ... very beautiful, Saul!

Thank you Dane!

Yes you are right, good listening, the music ends with a D major not a B minor.

Thanks again for your kind words and for listening.

Best Wishes,

Dane Aubrun said:

Another superb piece, Saul. More than a hint of the baroque. There's nothing to comment on. It flows, the harmonic progression feels natural and always engaging. It's a lovely performance and the tempo seems fine. Well, it doesn't end in B minor but that's a small detail!

It really is time you put a collation together.

Bests,

Dane.

What piano sound were you using here Saul? I like the balance between the soft sound and the gentle attacks.

I would say this was a reflective piece for me. A nice even work to the very end. Excellent work!

Thanks Tim,

I'm using Logic Pro X Steinway grand Piano with my own preferred settings.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service