Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hi guys, I'm hoping for some feedback on my latest piece.

It's the music for a game demo I'm preparing as a portfolio piece and consists of 2 Flutes, English Horn, Bassoon, Cello and Marimba. There are day and night sections that had to be the same lengths and I wanted the mood to contrast appropriately for each. (Night section starts at 2:19)

The game environment is a woodland forest with a small rustic village with a windmill. The environment will be populated with Dwarf characters hanging out, wandering around and chopping wood. Sleeping in the woods, fighting and arguing and whatever else I can animate. It's a happy place so although it's an FPS perspective, there'll be no weapons available.

I've recorded all the environmental, sound effects and dialogue but I'm happy with those elements and would love any thoughts any of you had on the music. There will be a day/night cycle that will loop around, however this version continues onwards into a second day section to a finish point.

Thanyou in advance and I hope to hear your thoughts.

https://soundcloud.com/robburnley/woodwind-village

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Rob,

This seems to me just about perfect for your purpose. The music certainly fits your description, is charming, and appropriately composed to fit in with visuals without dominating the experience - I can hear you laying back on the volume and note spacing in order to keep the music from not rising too high. Very well done!

Gav

Hi Gav, thanks for listening. Yeah, I wanted to avoid obvious strong cadence points so it can sit in the background with forest noises and dialogue without overpowering.

Gav Brown said:

Hi Rob,

This seems to me just about perfect for your purpose. The music certainly fits your description, is charming, and appropriately composed to fit in with visuals without dominating the experience - I can hear you laying back on the volume and note spacing in order to keep the music from not rising too high. Very well done!

Gav

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service