Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hey guys!

I recently finished this new composition. Hope u Will like it. Feedbacks are welcome. I can recognize a few mistakes in it already but….next time :)

https://soundcloud.com/zsoldi/winter-waltz

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gentle, sweet.  The rolling rhythm works well with the melody..I felt it could be extended longer.. (but also, it holds together, concisely, as you have done it).  Nice work.

That is beautiful.

ps.. i just wanted to add that i really appreciated  your piece's delicacy and subtlety .. 

thank you!

Stefan Welebny said:

That is beautiful.

Thanks! Yes I also wanted to make it longer but after the first orchestral session I realized I dont have enough time to extend....tomorrow im travelling to the other side of the planet

gregorio X said:

Gentle, sweet.  The rolling rhythm works well with the melody..I felt it could be extended longer.. (but also, it holds together, concisely, as you have done it).  Nice work.

Ah! Well it sounds just great , as is!  Safe travels!

Thank you! :)

gregorio X said:

Ah! Well it sounds just great , as is!  Safe travels!

More please.....

Nice melody and sample sound but I think there would be some orchestration issues if you plan to have this performed in real life. Its hard to be sure without a score as details get lost but when the strings come in on the melody you really need that to be both violin sections and ideally violas and even cellos as well in octaves, to get that giant string sound that your midi realisation has. I think you have done that to some extent but it sounds as if you're also using the strings for the 2nd and 3rd waltz beats and you can't really have both without losing power. Since the melody is the focus I woudl re-orchestrate those string parts on 2 and 3 between the lower brass and woodwind, not too low though, and perhaps xylophone and triangle to round out the tambourine I can occasionally hear in there.

Alternatively you could keep the string melody on only violins and unison with woodwinds in octaves and perhaps horns so you can use violas and cellos for the waltz beats. But I feel a massed string section serves the piece better.

Though if you have no intention of this being performed then it sounds good as is.

Beautiful. Great use of dynamics and tempo. Nice orchestration and samples. 

Very well done. Would fit well into any movie scene. This is only a snippet though. Could be developed into something much longer than this. Very short as it is.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2018   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service