Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

What Would it Sound Like if You Stretched Out a Single Note on a Piano?

So I have been exploring sound design and came up with this new "instrument." I took a single Eb note on the piano played as a 16th note bpm=66, stretched it out, messed with the sound wave, added a touch of vibrato, and some other things. Well, my friends, not the best new sound in the world, but it's new. https://app.box.com/s/bpxatnab5g7l1b0ha1q5bz25yvyli5sd Thank you for taking a listen.   

Views: 243

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is that the same as this:

Attachments:
Mine uses a 16th note, not a sustained pitch.

Spooky pad. Sounds cold. Nice patch. I like it.

Awesome, somebody actually responded. Thank you. I thought it sounded cold as well, and very hollow.

Ian Ring said:

Spooky pad. Sounds cold. Nice patch. I like it.

It's an amazing haunting sound actually. Coupled with a choir pad you could make some very eerie and haunting themes. I agree with Ian that is has a very cold feel to it. Great work.

I love that sound. The first thing that I thought of was the movie Sleepy Hollow.

Do you have just the raw single note samples we could download and use?

Do you like it that much?

Josh Flori said:

Hey, that's more than a single note! I feel cheated now.

It's no secret though that literally anything can be turned into a pad if you stretch it enough :)

Shhhhh, it's a huge secret, Greg, don't let them know.

Greg Brus said:

Hey, that's more than a single note! I feel cheated now.

It's no secret though that literally anything can be turned into a pad if you stretch it enough :)

I would eq it a bit but ya I like the atmosphere. Its really surprisingly dusty. 

Rodney Carlyle Money said:

Do you like it that much?

Josh Flori said:

Hopefully this will work. You need the full version of Kontakt 5 I believe. https://app.box.com/s/57po7lei6nk8x70wudi75awz2xod88mn

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2019   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service