Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Again I try to utilize the guitar and violin duet. Somehow I am addicted.

In this duet I aim at focusing on the interplay giving the instruments the same importance and role as in a fruitful relationship, also explaining the title.

https://soundcloud.com/user-892939153/open-mind

Greetings,

Kjell

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am a big fan of smaller compositions and absolutely love what you've done with this. As a student going on 3 years of the violin I also love almost anything with violin in it. I simply love the instrument. Congrats on a nice job here!

Hi Kjell,

Always with your music I notice an atavistic quality. Not just a reaching into the past, but into the long distant past, like from Rome or Greece. I often think of balladeers walking around the Parthenon, playing while slaves feed grapes to the masters (how's that for an impression!). The piece is well done in general, particularly the janglier sections which begin at around 1:30 and 4:20, which inject some energy into the otherwise languid pace. I almost had a feel that it would, with little alteration, work as a tango. Nicely done!

Gav

Thank you very much Timothy for taking time to listen and to give a particular inspiring feedback. Although I don't play the violin myself I am learning some of its techniques but still being a novice.

Glad you liked it.

Greetings

Kjell

Timothy Smith said:

I am a big fan of smaller compositions and absolutely love what you've done with this. As a student going on 3 years of the violin I also love almost anything with violin in it. I simply love the instrument. Congrats on a nice job here!

Hi Gav, thank you very much for this lovely feedback. It feels so good that the music could inspire some pictures.

And tango may be close to my ambition with that particular theme which also appears in other pieces of mine. I had the ambition to reproduce some Flamenco which I adore so much. It is my dream to one day write a full piece in that style.

Thank you Gav

Kjell

Gav Brown said:

Hi Kjell,

Always with your music I notice an atavistic quality. Not just a reaching into the past, but into the long distant past, like from Rome or Greece. I often think of balladeers walking around the Parthenon, playing while slaves feed grapes to the masters (how's that for an impression!). The piece is well done in general, particularly the janglier sections which begin at around 1:30 and 4:20, which inject some energy into the otherwise languid pace. I almost had a feel that it would, with little alteration, work as a tango. Nicely done!

Gav

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2018   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service