Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Good evening to you all across the world - I hope this finds you all peaceful and well.

Please find my latest track for your review - I think this is a little different from my other material. This song - for many reasons - was written for someone very special to me - going through some unchartered waters at a late stage in their lives. It is meant to be an honest, complex, gentle, humble piece - just like the brilliant person themselves. There is a story in here like all the rest - so please see it through to the end... I hope you enjoy it - feedback and advice always appreciated. 

https://app.box.com/s/4sldk4vxeij5fvnmupfw1szt5e0mfqc8

Stay well everyone.

T

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tony,

Congrats with that fantastic piece. Well done in every aspect. One small detail (I can be mistaken): I hear the drums in different directions (mainly the toms). Perhaps your stereo settings for the drums are too wide. The kick drum is then far back...

For the rest a splendid job! I enjoyed the listen enormously.

Jos

I agree to Jos,a very impressive and epic piece with a great cinematic sound. Do you have score to show us?

Gerd

Hi Tony,

A pleasant tune in a soft-pop/classical style -

Gav

Thanks Jos - yes - the kit is intentionally panned for the toms to be wide - and quite funny that I actually think the kick level is too loud! I really appreciate your listen and feedback - happy you enjoyed it.

Jos Wylin said:

Hi Tony,

Congrats with that fantastic piece. Well done in every aspect. One small detail (I can be mistaken): I hear the drums in different directions (mainly the toms). Perhaps your stereo settings for the drums are too wide. The kick drum is then far back...

For the rest a splendid job! I enjoyed the listen enormously.

Jos

Thanks Gerd - yes - I do tend to write and record from a cinematic perspective - I am a fan of masters like John Barry and Hans Zimmer - so you can probably hear those reflected in my work... I don't write music - I am a self taught musician and record and produce from my studio at home. I am sure that ProTools / Sibelius could pull a score - I just have to figure out how to do it! Thanks for your time and feedback.

Gerd Prengel said:

I agree to Jos,a very impressive and epic piece with a great cinematic sound. Do you have score to show us?

Gerd

Thanks Gav. 

Gav Brown said:

Hi Tony,

A pleasant tune in a soft-pop/classical style -

Gav

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service