Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Good evening from a nicely warming up Johannesburg... So back to the guitar. This is a tune I wrote and recorded about my personal journey that led me to South Africa - not an easy one at times, but mostly full of love, courage and ultimately - at the end as we stand today - triumph. Again - as in 'Yellow Rose' - please live the passages and stories that lead to the final reveal. Thanks in advance - feedback always appreciated - of any kind.

Stay well

Tony

https://soundcloud.com/to-lo/dreamchaser

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tony,

It's a pretty power-pop tune, well produced. The only critique I would offer is that it sounds similar to other things I have heard in this genre. Thanks for sharing!

Gav

Hello Tony,

Another great one!…excellent work!
Well mixed, well played (I assume you play the guitars yourself?)
It sounds like a professional production ready for any movie script.
The final build up from time 5:03 is fantastic! Amazingly well done!

Thanks for posting, please send more….:)

Thanks Gav - appreciate you taking time to listen. 

Gav Brown said:

Hi Tony,

It's a pretty power-pop tune, well produced. The only critique I would offer is that it sounds similar to other things I have heard in this genre. Thanks for sharing!

Gav

Hey Jooste - thanks for your encouragement. Yes - the guitars are all recorded live by myself - and I am gratified that you made it to the end - I feel that it represents hope and victory in the grand way it was meant to end. I know it is not typically what you hear on this site - which is more 'classical' classical... but I think music is music - without walls or categorisation or label. The only important thing is what experience the listener gets from listening to it - and what cathartic freedom the composer gets from writing and performing / recording / producing it. 

Joost Visser said:

Hello Tony,

Another great one!…excellent work!
Well mixed, well played (I assume you play the guitars yourself?)
It sounds like a professional production ready for any movie script.
The final build up from time 5:03 is fantastic! Amazingly well done!

Thanks for posting, please send more….:)

Well yes, music is music and this that you produce sounds very good!

And also, who could play the guitar as well as you do!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service