Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hi,

I'm performing here on of my piano works. Its in the fantasy Genre and its titled:

The Wanderer Meets the Princess.

Its in the key of E major.

Best of Wishes,

Saul

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just wonderful, Saul. 

Is this a live performance? The pice is well built up and put down carefully, so nicely.

A small remark is perhaps that I hear some disturbing reflections in the highs and rather much reverb overall. But these are only technical trifles to improve the sonic result.

Bravissimo!

Jos

I'm not keen to contemporary-classical piano, but really enjoyed the writing and the performance: live or rendered, a good one indeed.

The short delay is a bit disturbing, as Jos already noted: is it intentional? Did you simply choose a reverb setting with a long predelay time? The overall reverb tends to be fatiguing at listening, mids get muddy… I say this for a better listening experience, your work as a composer-pianist or even midi programmer is remarkable.

Best

Thank you Jos for your kind words.

This is a recording of my performance. I grant you this is not the best recording of the piece and a better quality recording can be arranged. 

Best Wishes

Jos Wylin said:

Just wonderful, Saul. 

Is this a live performance? The pice is well built up and put down carefully, so nicely.

A small remark is perhaps that I hear some disturbing reflections in the highs and rather much reverb overall. But these are only technical trifles to improve the sonic result.

Bravissimo!

Jos

Thank you Fabio, glad you enjoyed this music.

This was a recording of my performance, as I told Jos that the recording quality can be improved and a new recording of the piece can be arranged. But the delay and everything else was done on purpose for a certain effect.

Best of Wishes

Fabio Biolcati said:

I'm not keen to contemporary-classical piano, but really enjoyed the writing and the performance: live or rendered, a good one indeed.

The short delay is a bit disturbing, as Jos already noted: is it intentional? Did you simply choose a reverb setting with a long predelay time? The overall reverb tends to be fatiguing at listening, mids get muddy… I say this for a better listening experience, your work as a composer-pianist or even midi programmer is remarkable.

Best

Deleted for inappropriate content

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service