Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hello composers' forum! This is one of my more recent compositions, but I think it's a good piece to debut on this website. I'm very proud of this song, I think it is both simplistic and dynamic, but I'll let you guys be the judge of that!

By the way, I made this mp3 right after I switched from Mixcraft 5 to 6 so the reverb sounds a little...off. It's actually quite annoying, but since I'm working with the trial version at the moment, unfortunately there's no way for me to fix it. 

Views: 244

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the reply, I guess. What, specifically, do you think is horrible about it?

Cheerdt Romhbaudt said:

Horrible!

Yeah, the reverb doesn't help.

For me the piece would have been more effective without the harsh left hand figures and sometimes the right hand too.

I'm not sure what mood or emotion you are aiming for - it's dramatic, but a bit harsh to at times. Try to use more black notes I would say too, as the whole thing strikes me as a bit penatatonic.

Also try to have a bass line that moves by step rather than leaps or 5ths all the time. I think some of these things will bring out more musicality and expression in your next piece.

Yeah, I don't see what's so horrible about this.  I like it.  The beginning went on a little long, but that's ok.  I really liked it once it got going. 

Thank you all for your replies! It's so refreshing to hear the opinions of other composers, rather than my friends and family who will always just tell me my stuff is flawless. Its great to hear, but I truly prefer to get criticism from a third party!

It has some good places. If you would play a lot softer it would be a lot better. Hammering on those low notes doesn't really convey anything.

Victor.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service