Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hello,

I thought I would upload my latest pieces and see what people think.  If you have a quiet moment and feel like having a listen, the two tracks are attached to this post.

'The Nature of Things'

and

'I Feel It'

If you do get a moment, I hope you enjoy them.

Best,

Jase

Views: 82

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Had a listen to the Nature of Things.

Although it's not a really original idea to do this sort of "nature waking up" piece (which I presume this is, as the music does seem to suggest) I found it evocative and quite effective.

What would have made it better for me would be short, fast bursts of life from the woodwinds, like birds setting into motion above the more gently unfolding picture below, as at the moment it's quite evenly paced and phrased, which isn't quite my take on the theme of the music.

And even if I've got your intentions completely wrong, I do think that the music needs a bit more variety to take it to the next stage of interest.

It would be nice to see the score too to make more detailed comments. But good overall.
Adrian Allan said:
Had a listen to the Nature of Things.

Although it's not a really original idea to do this sort of "nature waking up" piece (which I presume this is, as the music does seem to suggest) I found it evocative and quite effective.

What would have made it better for me would be short, fast bursts of life from the woodwinds, like birds setting into motion above the more gently unfolding picture below, as at the moment it's quite evenly paced and phrased, which isn't quite my take on the theme of the music.

And even if I've got your intentions completely wrong, I do think that the music needs a bit more variety to take it to the next stage of interest.

It would be nice to see the score too to make more detailed comments. But good overall.

Thanks for the feedback!

Perhaps I could introduce some variety. I simply went where the piece told me to go. :-)

Best,

Jase
Nigel Gresswell said:
Personally I loved both of these pieces. So delicate and restful and the production was excellent.

Thank you Nigel. I'm glad you enjoyed them. :-)

Best,

Jase
I listened to "The Nature of Things". Very nice, I could see myself getting a massage to this.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service