Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and have really enjoyed all the posts I have read. Some wonderful music! I thought I would share this set of solo piano pieces I have written. There are 11 pieces total, each with a different historical theme/style. Only a few of the pieces are on this current recording:

The Illuminated Palace Recording

Thanks for any thoughts you may have!

All the best,

Brian

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think these are well-crafted piano pieces and I enjoyed listening. I understand they are intended to reference historical styles, but my only critical comment is that perhaps they are a little too close to the originals... I enjoyed "Theme and Variations" the most because I found it the most original of the set.

Brian,

   All excellent pieces.  I liked the blues best.  Gershwin is applauding from where ever he is.  The first piece had overtones of Joplin and Chopin, mostly Joplin.  Very nice variations on the hymn.  You lost me on the capriccio, a bit too capricious for my tastes.  The third piece reminded me of Ravel.  They should be recorded and/ or published. 

Very well performed. I won't mention any piece specifically, as the others did, but just say that it was an enjoyable time spent.

Very good, so good I added you on soundcloud :)

But I also think the blues, was (perhaps) the best...

Per

Hi Brian,

Excellent writing, I bet you have no trouble interpreting and getting rid of an entrenched temp track :-). Post the rest if you can.


Thank you so much-so glad you enjoyed the pieces! I will try to upload the others from the set as they veer even further off the prescribed mark. 
DriscollMusick said:

I think these are well-crafted piano pieces and I enjoyed listening. I understand they are intended to reference historical styles, but my only critical comment is that perhaps they are a little too close to the originals... I enjoyed "Theme and Variations" the most because I found it the most original of the set.

Thanks so much Lawrence-so glad you enjoyed the pieces! Yes, hoping my publisher will get them ready at some point in the upcoming year.

All the best,

Brian

Lawrence Aurich said:

Brian,

   All excellent pieces.  I liked the blues best.  Gershwin is applauding from where ever he is.  The first piece had overtones of Joplin and Chopin, mostly Joplin.  Very nice variations on the hymn.  You lost me on the capriccio, a bit too capricious for my tastes.  The third piece reminded me of Ravel.  They should be recorded and/ or published. 

Thank you so much for your kind words! Glad you enjoyed the blues-I think that is the one that has been performed the most out of the set.

All the best,

Brian

Per-Erik Rosqvist said:

Very well performed. I won't mention any piece specifically, as the others did, but just say that it was an enjoyable time spent.

Very good, so good I added you on soundcloud :)

But I also think the blues, was (perhaps) the best...

Per

Hi Mike,

Thank you! Yeah, not a huge fan of temp tracks, although they can certainly help. I'll definitely put the rest of the recordings up.

All the best,

Brian

Mike Hewer said:

Hi Brian,

Excellent writing, I bet you have no trouble interpreting and getting rid of an entrenched temp track :-). Post the rest if you can.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Merritt.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service