Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Views: 513

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Absolutely! The euphonium is always in my music and my heart. Do you have any favorite euphonium virtual instruments, Ray?

Not really Rod but I have played about with the Samplemodeling Horn and some eq. Obviously it's the bore diameter creating the biggest issue. Maybe I'll try it again and see how close I can get. Actually, having just brought it up on Kontakt, Horn 4 is quite close but the vibrato isn't right.

I'll get back to you.

Ray

Thank ya Ray, looking forward to it. I have the VSL euphonium solo, but it doesn't have the vibrato that some soloists are known for. I've been told that I would need to purchase VI Pro for the humanization features. I have though tried some experiments with combining Cinebrass tuba solo, horn a2, and VSL euphonium solo to create an euphonium tutti sound, so I would not have to purchase Orchestral Tool's Ark 2.

Grimethorpe is only a few miles from where I live now. So euphonium is something like a smaller, more agile tuba? Probably this is a gross oversimplification, but then I'm grossly simple myself. Great cheeky playing here.

Perhaps I'm splitting hairs here, but would the proper term be "fugue for euphoniums", or "fugue for euphonia"?

The current slew of fugues has placed me in a - ha! ha! - fugue state.

Kristofer Emerig said:

Perhaps I'm splitting hairs here, but would the proper term be "fugue for euphoniums", or "fugue for euphonia"?
Pretty much. Picture a tuba in the same range as a trombone.

Dave Dexter said:

Grimethorpe is only a few miles from where I live now. So euphonium is something like a smaller, more agile tuba? Probably this is a gross oversimplification, but then I'm grossly simple myself. Great cheeky playing here.

Rod I'll try something tomorrow. 'Been too busy tonight entertaining friends here with my own recipe Punjab/Italian style Chilli beef/pork.


Ray said:
Rod I'll try something tomorrow. 'Been too busy tonight entertaining friends here with my own recipe Punjab/Italian style Chilli beef/pork.
Take your time, my friend, any time! And btw, that chilli sounds amazing!

Okay, an old chestnut I've updated and tweaked where the instrumentation is Cornet left (SM cornet) Euphonium centre (SM French Horn 4) Tuba centre (SM Tuba) Trombone right (SM Trombone 4) Bass drum and cymbals from Spectrasonics Stylus.

Samplemodeling brass

Attachments:

Ray - just thrown a quid into the collection box. Great little piece.

A nice composition for Tuba and Piccolo, for those who like this sort of thing.  I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkNZldE6Y2Y

Galina Ustvolskaya - Composition №1 'Dona mobis pacem'

Канал пользователя Vaterperzhekosm

Recording from the Ustvolskaya Festival (may, 2011)

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Merritt.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service