Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

The Ensemble de la Belle Musique (EBM) is pleased to announce its inaugural “Call for Scores”. The theme is “Christmas”. 

Composers are encouraged to submit works for any combination of the following instrumentation, ranging from solo to a maximum of 15 instruments:

4 violins, 2 violas, 2 cellos, 2 double basses, 1 flute, 1 oboe, 1 clarinet, 1 bassoon, 1 saxophone, 1 trumpet, 1 horn, 1 trombone, 1 tuba, 1 percussion (marimba OR vibraphone OR glockenspiel), 1 piano

For example: 1 viola + 1 flute + 1 marimba, or a string quartet formation.

There is no fixed style. Please use your imagination and creativity to write music so beautiful and pleasant to the ears that the musicians would love to play them over and over again and the audience would love to hear them over and over again.

Please visit EBM's website at www.ebmusique.net/index.php/call-for-score for more details.

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"The selected composers retain their ownership of the copyright for their selected works but they have to grant EBM irrevocable right to use and perform the works at any time without further compensation to them."

I haven't studied the rules of too many calls for scores, but this doesn't seem usual. I'd pay to submit music AND the EBM retains license to keep using the music afterwards in perpetuity? They could use it on an album and make money from it, submit it for soundtracks and commercial usage? Which by extension means the composer couldn't ever really use the piece again in many contexts, as it's potentially floating around in a non-exclusive fashion. This doesn't seem right, but maybe it's just me.

Hi Dave, thanks for your comment about the rights. Sorry we did not make ourselves clear. What we mean is that every composer will grant EBM irrevocable rights limited to performing the piece in concerts and for promotional purposes only. Hope this answers your question. :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Merritt.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service