Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

So this started out as a Romantic imitation sort of thing, but after the first movement I decided I'd take it further.  It is another one of those "fun" things that I like to do on Sibelius, but this one took a long while to complete. 

Enjoy!  It is an indulgent piece lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv8PPEWAUKU

Views: 241

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is a wonderful piece and I will be listening to it many times in the next few days. My most humble congratulations.

I really appreciate it Joseph.  Thanks for the listens and comment!

Joseph Harry said:

This is a wonderful piece and I will be listening to it many times in the next few days. My most humble congratulations.

Hi Daniel,   This is very impressive. Loaded with interesting passages

and what I thought was a colorful use of the orchestra/instruments.

It's just my amateur opinion, but I think I would like it even better

with The Vivace II as the 3rd movement. The 1st movement seemed

too short (as nice as it was) while III (as II) would extend and build the

whole work more aptly.                        just my 2 1/2 sense worth      RS

ps- what was your reasoning, if you don't mind saying, for the order?

Interesting suggestion for the movement order.  I see the first as a kind of introduction, providing the main chord progression that shows itself throughout the symphony.  I think it would be odd to go from fast to fast.  I think the 3rd being soft is a nice "break" and serves as a sort of rest before the 4th gallops in with energy.  The order had to particularly reason besides that is just "how I wrote it."  It was never something I was going to publish or anything like that and it started, like I said. as a kind of imitation.  There is no form really, but it turned out to be a cool piece in my opinion and I decided I'd share it.    

roger stancill said:

Hi Daniel,   This is very impressive. Loaded with interesting passages

and what I thought was a colorful use of the orchestra/instruments.

It's just my amateur opinion, but I think I would like it even better

with The Vivace II as the 3rd movement. The 1st movement seemed

too short (as nice as it was) while III (as II) would extend and build the

whole work more aptly.                        just my 2 1/2 sense worth      RS

ps- what was your reasoning, if you don't mind saying, for the order?

You mentioned you did this in Sibelius... any chance of seeing the score?

I second that

Nicholas Kelly said:

You mentioned you did this in Sibelius... any chance of seeing the score?

This was really cool! I really enjoyed the second movement especially. Congratulations, it sounds like you've put a lot into this one! 

I would love to see an orchestra perform this some day.

Hey there Daniel, I listened to this again, and I honestly think this has

more potential than you are giving it credit for.

I still think that part 1 is too short, and what is now part 2 needs a bit of work and

should be part 3. Think about adding a solo break away piano part/solo which starts

right after part 1 and then is 'interspersed' throughout the rest of the piece.

I think this has the makings of something bigger.          RS

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Merritt.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service