Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

And here's the second movement. The movements of this quartet are much more connected than in my previous quartets. But that will not be noticed until the third movement. 

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great little piece, with a lovely untroubled mood, even the faux serious bit around 1.50 had good cheer.

What let it down was the unrealistic pizz. sound which was out of scale in terms of volume and timbre, nothing you can do about that I guess.

I hope you get some real players Lennart to do this justice...

Mike.

Yes, I have reacted to that too. I hope they fix that in a future update of NotePerformer. Glad you liked the piece Mike!

Mike Hewer said:

Great little piece, with a lovely untroubled mood, even the faux serious bit around 1.50 had good cheer.

What let it down was the unrealistic pizz. sound which was out of scale in terms of volume and timbre, nothing you can do about that I guess.

I hope you get some real players Lennart to do this justice...

Mike.

Simply delightful!. Agree about the pizz, but not a big problem if you can find a real quartet to record it.

Lennart,
I'm thinking Arne's broken a few things with the latest update of NotePerformer 2.0.2
The vibrato is horrible and do not remember it being that bad on version 1 of the library.
Also, I think this playback from Sibelius would be better if you took off some of the reverb.

Ray
NP2 is a huge improvement but it's not perfect. There are still room for further improvements. I guess less reverb would give a more chamber impression. I just wish Avid would update the Sibelius mixer so it would be easier to operate.

Ray said:
Lennart,
I'm thinking Arne's broken a few things with the latest update of NotePerformer 2.0.2
The vibrato is horrible and do not remember it being that bad on version 1 of the library.
Also, I think this playback from Sibelius would be better if you took off some of the reverb.

Ray
Thanks! The plan is to find some string players that can perform it.

Steve Chandler said:

Simply delightful!. Agree about the pizz, but not a big problem if you can find a real quartet to record it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Merritt.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service