Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Just curious for feedback and thoughts on this. How does it make you feel? What could be better? 

https://soundcloud.com/gremlinman/some-normalcy

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi David,
This came across to me as pleasant ambient.
Gav

It's always so hard to respond when someone asks, What Could Be Better? Usually, people just tell you what they themselves would do. But that is not necessarily very helpful, let alone better. We all do things so differently. While this is a music style I myself have never tried my hand at, I can tell that it is very well done. All that matters are results. It is pleasant, well-structured, and well-produced. As I said, I'm not an expert in this style; I'm just giving my reaction purely as a listener. And as a listener, I liked it a lot. Hope that is helpful!

Yes, nice and relaxing and the quietening/break at 3 '00" seemed about right. My relaxation was a little undone by the part that followed on at 3'11". It felt ominous; baleful at first. A deep thick bass and it sounded like the vocal had been reversed. Presumably that was your intention.

Nice production and well done.

Great use of loops. Nic mix. Loved the piano motif through the 1st 2/3 to about the 3:00 mark. Nice, pleasant, airy. I liked the last part as well where the piano comes back in again.

To my ears, where this makes a departure at around the 3:00 mark ( great changes in the departure BTW.) it doesn't tie in well to the rest. I would attempt to incorporate the same piano only playing to the departure chords. In this way, it ties in. Otherwise it just sounds too alien from the rest of the music to me. I would make the transition to the departure shorter. The fill is just too empty there and leaves the listener hanging.Then when it comes back in it sounds like all background and no main focus until the very end. 

I will say that this is much more detailed and structured than most "Ambient" music I hear. Kudos to you for adding a lot of form to this and actually leaving me begging for more. The fact that this goes somewhere makes me think it's more than just ambient music.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service