Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hello!!

I have a question for you all. I am using Sibelius 3, and I'm on the verge of purchasing Sibelius 6. But I kind of understood that Sibelius is not the best thing to work with? I have no knowledge about the market of files in which to create your music. Does anyone have this knowledge? I do like to have better sound for my stuff that I'd like to post on my page, but I don't know how.

Then there is another question. I'd like to put some sheet music on my page as well. I can make a PDF file of my scores, but how do I put them on my page? 

Thanks a lot for the help!!

Hyun Jung

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well Chris, you're right in each word and thought. I do my best with guitar pro 5 and free sound fonts, just to hear how would sound my musical ideas - and to have a demo. The result is better than to simply elaborating arrangements for a quartet with beautyfull harmony and melody, just for never hear it. But i really gets frustrated by listening to a mechanical sound.

I don't know much of musical technologies, you know there's so many options, and the fact that here where i live the goverment gets richer with tax, always made me stay far of all of this. Every stuff you need to make your music or anything else, gets 5 times more expensive. It's something absurd. But, do what?

I have to thank you all for expressing your strong conviction about the method of recording music. I begin to consider doing a modest investment on midi instruments, like a guitar and a keyboard, and trying get a new kind of experience with my creations.

Thanks for your encouragement Chris, i must agree with you that producing music became more accessible today. If you have a computer, 50% of the work is done, the rest is by your account. And the technologic development is the great responsible for this. And also responsible for the paradox: progress versus decadence of almost everything on earth. 

If you want to figure it in a dialectical formula, I guess it should be:

1- Thesis - technological progress.
2- Antithesis - moral values decay.
3- Synthesis - the trivialization of ethics.
(just kidding!)

Dear all.

Thanks for all your replys. So, now I have to think about what's best. There are a lot of possibilities I can think  of. 

Best regards, Hyun Jung

I use Sibelius 6, it's great! For me the best thing is that you will be able to create clean scores in no time, ever had problems with overlapping lines, symbols, text and even staves? Just select a passage (I normally select the entire document) then go to Layout - Optimize Staff Spacing. It works like magic. Another thing is that Sibelius will automatically create all of the parts of your piece within the score file, so no more extracting parts!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service