Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member of this forum. I'm glad to be here amongst such a creative and talented bunch.

After listening to several pieces and being thoroughly impressed, I decided to pluck the courage and post one of my own for dissection. *gulp* It is my most recent - completed last night.

If you enjoyed it or not, please tell me why.

Best regards,

Jase

Views: 69

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks! :-)

I have made some alterations - very minor. The Tubular Bells were not to my liking - changed 2 of the 3 notes. Softened some of the string transitions.

To hear the improved version I have uploaded the piece into the music player on my composer's page.

Best regards,

Jase
Very filmic piece . I like the strings build and the occasional passing dissonances with the brass.
Very enjoyable peaceful conclusion that hangs like a question in the air
Dan and Deryn Cullen said:
Very filmic piece . I like the strings build and the occasional passing dissonances with the brass.
Very enjoyable peaceful conclusion that hangs like a question in the air

Thanks Dan.

This is the first time I've used the brass section. I'm really pleased with how this piece has taken shape.

Best regards,

Jase
Per-Erik Rosqvist said:
Hi Jason!

My keyboard stopped functioning, so couldn't leave a longer comment than that one before :)

I think the piece is interesting in its structure, a wonderful build up, and very filmic. It is good!

I will check the piece on your page!

Jason Munn said:
Thanks! :-)

I have made some alterations - very minor. The Tubular Bells were not to my liking - changed 2 of the 3 notes. Softened some of the string transitions.

To hear the improved version I have uploaded the piece into the music player on my composer's page.

Best regards,

Jase

Sorry - I just realised I hadn't responded to your post. A belated thanks for your comments - I appreciate them immensely. I still think this is one of my better pieces - though I've certainly improved since then. I should post some of my new works.

Best regards,

Jase

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service