Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

I'd appreciate any feedback on this piece. It's four movements (still untitled). The first two movements are pretty organically written. The third movement is derived from the previous two. I basically analyzed them and wrote a rondo based on deconstructing the pitch class sets and harmonies. The fourth movement was constructed with quite a bit of Fibonacci Sequence utilized rhythmically.

Sorry about the C Score for you sticklers. The mixes are rough. I have an engineer with better ears making the finals.

Enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/search?q=richard%20T.%20Hill

Views: 87

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like this piece, very imaginative. Like the harmonic language and melodies used. Its written very idiomatically for the instruments. 

Only criticisms I have is that at times it can sound too busy, like at measure 30-ish in movement two. It gets too busy and covers up the main theme. Other critic is that their was sometimes a sense that I was listening to material that really didnt belong or felt like filler. Sometimes it was a entire section that felt out of place, but most of the time it was a transition that seem to go on longer than it felt like it should have. 

Other than that, its a great piece good job. 

Thanks, Tyler. I think a little more attention to the dynamics and balance by the players would have helped that second movement. Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

-Rich

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service