Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

I have composed an orchestral piece titled "Sailing into Deep Space".

http://youtu.be/RV5Fo4vRvuA

Thank you very much for listening!

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very well done I think, you have good themes, good sounding orchestration and I like the form and development too. This sounds like a lot of current cinematic music and would fit right into a variety of scenes I'm sure.  I was surprised at the extreme change at 1:20; I suppose if a scene required it that it would be appropriate, but in a short stand-alone piece I would probably prefer instead some further development of your main theme or else a smoother transition into that center section. But this is certainly good work!

Thank you very much for listening and providing valuable comments!  Have a nice day!

Ingo Lee said:

Very well done I think, you have good themes, good sounding orchestration and I like the form and development too. This sounds like a lot of current cinematic music and would fit right into a variety of scenes I'm sure.  I was surprised at the extreme change at 1:20; I suppose if a scene required it that it would be appropriate, but in a short stand-alone piece I would probably prefer instead some further development of your main theme or else a smoother transition into that center section. But this is certainly good work!

You have an ABA piece where the A section is strong and coherent, but the B section rambles.  The choir is a nice addition with the piano, but lacks direction.  Work on the middle section. Make it longer to equal the A section and you will have an excellent composition.

What equipment do you use, software and music libraries and such? it all sounds really great. And all in all i pretty much agree with what Ingo Lee said regarding the transition, everything else was awesome.

I tried to change the mood for the section B.  Anyway, I appreciate your opinion!!!

Lawrence Aurich said:

You have an ABA piece where the A section is strong and coherent, but the B section rambles.  The choir is a nice addition with the piano, but lacks direction.  Work on the middle section. Make it longer to equal the A section and you will have an excellent composition.

Thank you very much for your comments.  I use a PC (Intel Core i7-4770 @3.4GHz, 24 GB RAM, Win 10 64 bit), an audio/MIDI interface (focusrite scarlett 2i4), and a very old Yamaha Keyboard. Sonar Professional is my main DAW.  I use the following sample libraries; EWQL symphonic orchestra, QL Pianos, Hollywood Strings & Brass, Voxos, Symphobia 1 & 2, etc.  I use Izotope Ozone for mastering.  Well, I have revealed all of my trade secret!

Patrax said:

What equipment do you use, software and music libraries and such? it all sounds really great. And all in all i pretty much agree with what Ingo Lee said regarding the transition, everything else was awesome.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service