Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

The "Romantic Music" contest starts today. The goal is to write a piece in the Romantic style, of between 2-8 minutes duration. The instrumentation choice is the composer's. The deadline date is December 20 at 5 pm EST. Please create mp3 of composition, along with a PDF if possible. If you do provide a PDF, it should not have your name anywhere in it. Judging will be done by the members of this site. When you have your entry ready, "friend" me if we are not already friends and I will supply an e-mail address you can send your entry to. The contestants are: Bob Porter, Cameron McFadden, Andrew Gliebman, David Stowell, Will Blackburn. I saw some other people participating in the conversation about this contest, if they or anyone else wants to hop on board, it's not too late, just reply to this thread! Ready, Set, Go!

Views: 488

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Greetings, I have my piece ready to submit.  Do I post it here, or somewhere else?

Contestants, please "friend" me when you are ready to send in your entries, and I will give you an e-mail address to use.

17 days remain in this contest.

Update for contestants: four composers so far have submitted their entries. There are 10 days left in this contest. Please get your entry to me by 5 pm EST on December 20 - remember - you need to friend me on this site and I will supply you an e-mail address you can use to send me your music. An mp3 and (if possible) a PDF are requested. If you send a PDF, it should not have your name anywhere in it. The judging of this contest will be done by the members of this site. I will ask members to list their top 3 favorites from all the entries using an online survey tool. Each time you get a top ranking, you get 3 points. Each time you get a second ranking, you get 2 points, and a 3rd ranking will get you 1 point. Highest points wins. The voting will take place for 1 week, after which I will list the top 3 ranked entries.

Contestants who have not submitted yet have 2 days to get their entries to me (by 5 pm EST on Dec. 20th). On the 21st I will post the entries and a survey link for the members of this site to use to judge the pieces.

Ouch... can't finish my piece in time. I will post it some day. It's not really "romantic" anyways.

Contestants, the competition has been posted here. Thanks to all who entered and good luck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2021   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service