Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

A new Concert Band piece I have been working on for a while. Finally finished it this morning. I appreciate all feedback and criticisms. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSdijnE4w1M

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your hard work has paid off. Just Gorgeous!

Just a minor personal opinion, the single triangle tone at the end (if that's what it is) seems superfluous and a bit counteractive to such a beautiful, lush ending, but everything else sounds absolutely great. Wonderful composition.

Thank you for your kind comments. Its actually crotales at the end so its supposed to have a tone.

Stephen C. Doonan said:

Your hard work has paid off. Just Gorgeous!

Just a minor personal opinion, the single triangle tone at the end (if that's what it is) seems superfluous and a bit counteractive to such a beautiful, lush ending, but everything else sounds absolutely great. Wonderful composition.

Majestic scenery. I experienced many different landscapes here and then I noticed the title and realized that this was probably your intention. So you were successful.

It is a very nice format, this string free orchestration, comfortable listening. I had a very pleasant time.

Thank you very much.

Kjell

A good demonstration of what notation software with Note Performer can do. Of course, without strings the sound is going to be purer. We all long for the day when sound libraries finally give us strings that sound real and don't introduce a lot of distortion...

But on to the music: it does work as impressionism and I can definitely see mountains, under a partly cloudy sky, perhaps at sunset, with the clouds catching the last rays of the setting sun. As for the tritone: as in the other piece presented here recently, I did not notice it. If it was there, it worked fine and was not out of place. But then I have nothing against that much-maligned interval, as others here apparently do. It's just another combination of notes, and you used it effectively.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service