Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Dedicated to the emergency service and healthcare people who have given their lives in the bushfires and pandemic.

StaffPad and Spitfire Chamber Strings.

Views: 139

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Link appears to be unplayable on my Mac (even though .aac should be recognized by the OS as the format is used internally by Apple).

Hi Michael, when posting a sound file, please use an MP3, it is the one file format that everyone is likely to be able to use -

Gav

Thanks for that info.

It worked when I checked it my iPad but have now posted the .mp3.

Thanks!

Very nice work. I like how the initial melody is developed in different contexts as the piece develops. The ending left me wanting for more, though. It sounded (to my biased ears :P) like it's just gotten going, and then it ends.  Maybe you could possibly consider expanding this into a more substantial work? Just my wild idea. I'm probably totally missing the point here. :-P

Thanks for your comments Teoh.

i had thought of either making it the first movement of a suite or else adding a contrasting section for wind and then returning to remembrance with a fuller orchestration.

Adding a contrasting section sounds like a lot less work than writing an entire suite. ;-)

Michael Lofting said:

Thanks for your comments Teoh.

i had thought of either making it the first movement of a suite or else adding a contrasting section for wind and then returning to remembrance with a fuller orchestration.

Very Nice indeed. Too bad its short.

Regards

A wonderfully sympathetic 'moment' in light of its dedication.  I enjoyed how you gradually fed in the parts.

Very effective.  I too thought it could be longer.

Thanks for posting.

Beautiful and elegiac, with some very expressive harmonic shifts. It perfectly expresses its subject matter. My only reservation is about the conclusion, which does seem unprepared. It seems maybe this could be expanded, even just a little to set up the ending. That's a small nit though.

BTW I love the Spitfire Chamber Strings sound - so mellow and UN-distorted (after listening to the harsh NP string sounds).

Thanks for all your comments.

Consensus seems to. be needs a better ending. I struggled with a number of unsatisfactory endings before the current version.

Have to have a think about where to go with this.

Hi Michael, 

Really like the feel of this music which I would describe as mildly majestic. Not quite as intense as the salute music commonly associated with military fanfare nor is it overtly emotional ( Think soft piano. The movie scenes you cried at and you're a guy.  Would make anyone cry). When that happens in the theater I'm trying to hide it. I'm tearing up and thinking, this CAN'T be happening.

I see it more like music used for a time of reflection which makes it fit for the purposes you made it. A time to remember heroism in the face of danger. It wouldn't cause me intense emotion. It would cause reflection.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service