Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Contest: THE 4 ELEMENTS: DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ENTRIES HAS PASSED, CONTEST CLOSED, VOTING TO BEGIN SOON!!

Hi Composers’ Forum members, as you know, the 4 elements are earth, air, fire, and water. For this proposed contest, you will write a piece of music of no more than 2 minutes duration based on one of these elements. Any instrumentation, any style of music. If the contest is a go, I will give 3 months for interested composers to submit their entries to me, which I will then put up anonymously. Voting will be by the membership of this site. You can submit entries for more than one element. An MP3 or link to a soundcloud/youtube/etc will be necessary. A PDF of the score is highly desirable, but not required. In order for this contest to be a go, 10 composers need to express interest by Sunday, Jan. 21 at 5 pm EST. To express interest, reply to this thread or send me a message. Please indicate in your expression of interest what element or elements you think you might want to compose for (you can change this later). Please note that I do not need any music at this time, just an expression of interest. I have run these contests before, they are a lot of fun and a good way to get feedback about your music from your peers, hope you can join us!

Views: 4464

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Daniel, Paul, and George! We now have 5 entrants, with 1 commit to Water, 1 commit to Earth, 1 commit to either Fire or Water, and 2 general commits (can be changed)

Yo Socrates, Happy New Cycle  lol, I thought the 4 elements were rock, paper, scissors, Spock.

You could, if you had a mind to, don the mask of an actor then, and play the role of someone

less enlightened. Remember, it's just for fun. Let your distain for lesser 'philosophies' be your

inspiration and 'fire' out a tune.

Gav, I'll by a ticket.... count me in.                   RS 

Socrates Arvanitakis said:

Hi Gav and Happy New Year!

Very interesting in as much as I would be interested to listen to what anyone comes up with and to vote.

To me, in a philosophical sense, the said four elements as proposed first by Orphic religion, then by Pythagorean school and then by various other mystics, leave me unmoved and detached, so I cannot bring myself to participate, cause I would not have any inspiration for such a thing, or be honest about writing the music, but I will follow with interest other people's efforts and I wish every success to the comp.

Thanks Charles! We now have 6 entrants, with 2 commits to Water, 1 commit to Earth, 1 commit to either Fire or Water, and 2 general commits (can be changed)

I'm not certain which element I might choose, but I'd like a go.

Thanks Roger and Jason! We now have 8 entrants, with 2 commits to Water, 1 commit to Earth, 1 commit to either Fire or Water, and 4 general commits (can be changed)

Good idea! Count me in: WATER. Cheers.

hello

Very cool idea

I think Fire is my choice element

cheers

Thanks Kurt! We now have 9 entrants, with 3 commits to Water, 1 commit to Earth, 1 commit to either Fire or Water, and 4 general commits (can be changed)

This is for Fire.  It's in my heart, it radiates splendor universally, and I so have fervor to this cause.

- Link Saved

Thanks Gilbert and Ryan! We now have 11 entrants, with 3 commits to Water, 1 commit to Earth, 2 commits to Fire, 1 commit to either Fire or Water, and 4 general commits (can be changed)

Thank You! : )

Hi Gav,

Happy New Year. I'll certainly have a crack at this...probably earth but also maybe fire or water.

Best,

Stephen

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2018   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service