Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Contest: THE 4 ELEMENTS: DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ENTRIES HAS PASSED, CONTEST CLOSED, VOTING TO BEGIN SOON!!

Hi Composers’ Forum members, as you know, the 4 elements are earth, air, fire, and water. For this proposed contest, you will write a piece of music of no more than 2 minutes duration based on one of these elements. Any instrumentation, any style of music. If the contest is a go, I will give 3 months for interested composers to submit their entries to me, which I will then put up anonymously. Voting will be by the membership of this site. You can submit entries for more than one element. An MP3 or link to a soundcloud/youtube/etc will be necessary. A PDF of the score is highly desirable, but not required. In order for this contest to be a go, 10 composers need to express interest by Sunday, Jan. 21 at 5 pm EST. To express interest, reply to this thread or send me a message. Please indicate in your expression of interest what element or elements you think you might want to compose for (you can change this later). Please note that I do not need any music at this time, just an expression of interest. I have run these contests before, they are a lot of fun and a good way to get feedback about your music from your peers, hope you can join us!

Views: 4601

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

By the way, here's some rules:

"We are excited to have you here! But we do take measures to ensure that all of our members stay active to some degree. We ask that you post some music to your profile here (not just a link to another site) and that you participate in some discussions occasionally. With over 4,000 members, we just want to try to keep the inactive ones weeded out. So check in occasionally and post something! And just be aware that we delete inactive accounts! Do you understand?"

Oh, now I remember you! http://composersforum.ning.com/forum/topics/leaving-forum

andrew thornton said:

Well what is your point???????

I tell someone about this contest and they decide to join as a new forum member and commit. 

Isn't that growing a community? 

Or am I speaking to a fortune cookie? 

I am always memorable. 

Your best quality.

Dr Dexter your friendly Composer's Forum Psychoanalyst!

Forget Frasier or House or the bearded guy who sent Erica Strange to face her regrets. 

Only Dr Dexter is in tune with your inner musician!

Your rotten, selfish drive to self promotion will melt away! You will become a true Composer's Forum Humanist.Take the high road today! Do a deep and meaningful post count to touch your authentic self! 

Hi all,

This thread is for people to apply to the contest, please taken any arguments elsewhere, thanks

------

DEADLINE TO EXPRESS INTEREST in joining this contest is Sunday, Jan 21st at 5 pm EST. You can express interest by posting on this thread that you want to join, and if you have any element or elements you want to write for, please share that as well. You can also send me a private mail expressing interest. Friend me if we are not already friends and I will accept. NOTE THAT NO MUSIC IS REQUIRED AT THIS TIME. After the contest deadline has passed, the contest begins. I will post the rules of the contest, along with a deadline to submit the music shortly after the deadline to express interest has passed.

My sense of humour was wasted. 

Sigh.

I will go to my grave poor and forgotten, a Lovecraftian figure of under appreciated imagination. 

Let's focus on the contest. Cthulhu would want focus. 

Thanks Manuel, you are our 84th entrant!

Manuel T. said:

I'm in. I choose air.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see confirmation either way as to whether the contest is a go or no-go. Can you verify either way please?  I'm in provided it's a go.

Thanks!

Hi Gary, it's a go, you are entrant #85!

dave dave  dave,   tsk - tsk    still 'at it'.  19 pages of 'I'm in' and then you 'chime in'.

...and just when I thought things were changing here. Save your 'judgments' for the

competition and keep your keen observations to yourself or your own forum.(please)

The openness and morale of this forum is not enhanced by your policing of it's participants.

Ps- if you want to discuss this further, please contact me at Icouldgiveash!t.net   RS

Dave Dexter said:

Self promotion here is fine and inevitable. Self promotion whilst giving nothing back is contemptible. Your antipathy (and bizarre, hostile connection to psychoanalysis even though nothing I said was psychoanalytical) to this concept suggests you either have nothing meaningful to add, don't want to be inconvenienced, or both. I would take the half-handful of members who share their knowledge and give back against the 99% who give nothing.

You know I think that was psychoanalysis? But you should consult your own mental health professional to be sure.

andrew thornton said:

Dr Dexter your friendly Composer's Forum Psychoanalyst!

Forget Frasier or House or the bearded guy who sent Erica Strange to face her regrets. 

Only Dr Dexter is in tune with your inner musician!

Your rotten, selfish drive to self promotion will melt away! You will become a true Composer's Forum Humanist.Take the high road today! Do a deep and meaningful post count to touch your authentic self! 

There is no such requirement John

John Horowitz said:

Im extremely busy and have little time to be involved with much of anything right now. If a minimum amount of forum activity is required then I may not be right for this contest.

Cheers!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2019   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service