Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Contest: THE 4 ELEMENTS: DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ENTRIES HAS PASSED, CONTEST CLOSED, VOTING TO BEGIN SOON!!

Hi Composers’ Forum members, as you know, the 4 elements are earth, air, fire, and water. For this proposed contest, you will write a piece of music of no more than 2 minutes duration based on one of these elements. Any instrumentation, any style of music. If the contest is a go, I will give 3 months for interested composers to submit their entries to me, which I will then put up anonymously. Voting will be by the membership of this site. You can submit entries for more than one element. An MP3 or link to a soundcloud/youtube/etc will be necessary. A PDF of the score is highly desirable, but not required. In order for this contest to be a go, 10 composers need to express interest by Sunday, Jan. 21 at 5 pm EST. To express interest, reply to this thread or send me a message. Please indicate in your expression of interest what element or elements you think you might want to compose for (you can change this later). Please note that I do not need any music at this time, just an expression of interest. I have run these contests before, they are a lot of fun and a good way to get feedback about your music from your peers, hope you can join us!

Views: 4475

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

14th entry in, thank you! Element Count: Earth - 8, Air - 7, Fire - 4, Water - 10. Deadline to submit your entry is 4/21/18 at 5 pm EST. Please see contest rules at the top of this site and if you have any additional questions, ask them here

15th entry in, thanks! Element Count: Earth - 9, Air - 7, Fire - 5, Water - 10. Deadline to submit your entry is 4/21/18 at 5 pm EST. Please see contest rules at the top of this site and if you have any additional questions, ask them here

16th entry in, thanks! Element Count: Earth - 9, Air - 8, Fire - 5, Water - 10. Deadline to submit your entry is 4/21/18 at 5 pm EST.

17th entry in, thanks! Element Count: Earth - 9, Air - 9, Fire - 5, Water - 10. Deadline to submit your entry is 4/21/18 at 5 pm EST.

18h and 19th entries are in, thanks! Element Count: Earth - 9, Air - 10, Fire - 6, Water - 10. Deadline to submit your entry is 4/21/18 at 5 pm EST.

Hello all,

The deadline of 5/21/18 at 5 pm EST to submit your entries for the Elements contest has now passed, no more entries will be accepted. The final count of Elements is Earth - 9, Air - 10, Fire - 6, Water - 10. The entries, along with a voting survey, will be posted within the next 24 hours to a new thread, along with the deadline for voting, which will be done by the members of this site! To those who submitted entires, thanks, and good luck!

Gav

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2018   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service