Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Contest: THE 4 ELEMENTS: DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ENTRIES HAS PASSED, CONTEST CLOSED, VOTING TO BEGIN SOON!!

Hi Composers’ Forum members, as you know, the 4 elements are earth, air, fire, and water. For this proposed contest, you will write a piece of music of no more than 2 minutes duration based on one of these elements. Any instrumentation, any style of music. If the contest is a go, I will give 3 months for interested composers to submit their entries to me, which I will then put up anonymously. Voting will be by the membership of this site. You can submit entries for more than one element. An MP3 or link to a soundcloud/youtube/etc will be necessary. A PDF of the score is highly desirable, but not required. In order for this contest to be a go, 10 composers need to express interest by Sunday, Jan. 21 at 5 pm EST. To express interest, reply to this thread or send me a message. Please indicate in your expression of interest what element or elements you think you might want to compose for (you can change this later). Please note that I do not need any music at this time, just an expression of interest. I have run these contests before, they are a lot of fun and a good way to get feedback about your music from your peers, hope you can join us!

Views: 4392

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Clinton,

For the moment I need anyone who has an entry to hold off on submitting anything to me, until after the deadline of Sun. Jan 21 at 5 pm is reached for members to express interest. Once we get to that point, I will put up another post on this thread indicating how to submit entries to me. As far as Youtube is concerned, I can only provide limited assistance with that, as it is very time consuming to put up a Youtube, and I only do it on my Youtube page if the member's soundfile exceeds the limits on this site (7 mb).

Gav

So in answer to my question, "Yes" we can submit a video of our work for this contest. Is that correct? Thanks.

Clinton, the answer is yes, correct, just don't announce it anywhere here, let it be revealed as part of the contest -

Understood. Thank you Gav . . .

Understood. Thank you Gav . . .

Sound interesting, i'm in

Hi All

I can sympathise with Jon C's remark, but still and all, 2 minutes is a challenge to be taken up!

CD

Hello Gav, I have decided to switch from water to air. I hope that is Ok ;)

I have completed two entries for different elements. They both go over 2 minutes by a few seconds. Not in any way that gives me any advantage. But is this like high school where if you do your essay of 5000 words to 5001 words you get disqualified? Hope it's not that rectally legalistic. But have to ask; easy for me to fix if needed. The dilemma is that if I don't use all 2 mins allowed then that can also be frowned upon. 

Thanks, you are our 79th entry! Welcome!

Hải Mai said:

Sound interesting, i'm in

Hi, above 2 minutes complicates things. A few seconds over 2 minutes is ok, but let’s keep it to no more than that please

Jon C Sebastian said:

I did reply and have finished one work A two minute composition is going to be really hard to get the full emotion across. Any chance of three?

That is ok

Li Yang Yang said:

Hello Gav, I have decided to switch from water to air. I hope that is Ok ;)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2018   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service