Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Proposed Contest: “Emotion” - contestants sought - DEADLINE PASSED

Write a piece that tries to capture a single emotion, e.g. “happiness,” “sadness,” love.” Any instrumentation, any duration up to 5 minutes. An mp3 soundfile is required, or a link to an individual file on soundcloud or a website (mp3 strongly preferred, because most people can listen to that), and a pdf score strongly recommended. You would send me the music and I would post it anonymously for you. I will give about 2 months for you to compose. Judging will be by the members of this site (voting is also anonymous). If 10 composers express interest in the contest, it’s a go. You can express interest by replying to this thread or by PM’ing me. If we are not friends on this site already, send me a friend request and I will accept. If 10 composers express interest in this site by Monday Feb. 27 at 5 pm EST, the contest is a go.

Views: 451

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Serenity,

You are the 7th person to express interest, only 3 more are needed to make the contest a go!

Deadline to express interest is Monday Feb. 27 at 5 pm EST

I'm in!

I am in as well!

Hooray! we just need one more!

Thanks Lara and David!

9 in, only 1 more needed for the contest to be a go! Deadline to express interest is Monday Feb. 27 at 5 pm EST

One more composer needed for the contest to be a go! DEADLINE to express interest is Monday Feb. 27 at 5 pm EST

I will put myself in as entrant in the contest and so we have 10 members. Deadline to express interest has now passed. I will post the contest in the next day or two. Thanks to all who entered!

Gav,

I've been out of the loop for a few days, and totally spaced on the deadline. I'd be happy to sub for you if you'd rather not be an entrant. I understand if it's not possible. 

I will pm you Bob

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Merritt.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service