Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hello colleagues,

Composers’ Forum proposes the following contest: write a piece of music of no more than 2 minutes in length, any instrumentation, any style, on the theme of “Dancing.” The work does not have to be a dance. In order for this contest to be a go, 10 members must commit to enter the contest. Express interest in the contest by responding to this thread with “I’m in!” The deadline to commit to the contest (but not to submit an entry) is 2/7/20 at 5 pm EST. If there are 10 commits, the contest will be a go.

Gav

Site Manager

Composers’ Forum

Views: 1896

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

9 entries in so far, thanks! Deadline to submit your entry to me is 3/6/20 at 5 pm EST.

11 entries in so far, thanks! Deadline to submit your entry to me is 3/6/20 at 5 pm EST.

Hi Gav, what's the best way to get my entry to you.   Thanks, RS

PM sent to Roger

13 entries in so far, thanks! Deadline to submit your entry to me is 3/6/20 at 5 pm EST.

There's no info on how to submit the entry. Can you help?

PM sent to Richard

btw it's nice to observe, that many people seem to be putting some effort in submitting a fresh (or re-worked) piece for this competition, rather than just dig out a ready-made old one (which they would have sent in immediately). 

I bet that there will be a lot of diversity for this theme, which could be really rather exciting!

17 entries in so far, thanks! Entrants: more details about how the voting will work will be coming out this week. Deadline to submit your entry to me is 3/6/20 at 5 pm EST.

HOW THE CONTEST WILL BEGIN > After the deadline to submit entries passes (3/6/20 at 5 pm EST), I will put up the contest on a new thread either Friday evening or Saturday morning, along with a voting survey. Voting will be by the members of this site, and there will be about a two week period to vote.

HOW THE WINNERS WILL BE CHOSEN > During the voting period, members will be asked to select their #1, #2, and #3 choices. For each #1 vote, I will give the contestant 3 points, for each #2 vote, 2 points, and for each #1 vote, 1 point. Whomever has the most points wins!

WILL THERE BE PRIZES? Yes. Watch this thread for more information.

I've tried sending you a message and it fails on safari/chrome/firefox. Totally weird.

Victor, I sent an e-mail to your e-mail address, please respond to that with your entry. There seems to be a technical problem with the mail system here.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service