Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hello colleagues,

Composers’ Forum proposes the following contest: write a piece of music of no more than 2 minutes in length, any instrumentation, any style, on the theme of “Dancing.” The work does not have to be a dance. In order for this contest to be a go, 10 members must commit to enter the contest. Express interest in the contest by responding to this thread with “I’m in!” The deadline to commit to the contest (but not to submit an entry) is 2/7/20 at 5 pm EST. If there are 10 commits, the contest will be a go.

Gav

Site Manager

Composers’ Forum

Views: 1909

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Joan, you are #44!

For those who have not entered so far - the deadline to commit to the contest (but not to submit an entry) is 2/7/20 at 5 pm EST -

IMMINENT!!! Deadline to commit to the contest (but not to submit an entry) is 2/7/20 at 5 pm EST -

The deadline to join the contest has now passed and no more entries will be accepted. Contest rules and deadline will be posted on this thread this weekend.

CONTEST RULES AND DEADLINE: Entries must include an MP3 or a link to an online sound file (e.g. YouTube, Soundcloud, etc.). PDF of score optional but highly desired. If submitting a file or files, your name should not be on them anywhere (if that is not possible with a link to an online file, that is ok). Optionally, you may submit a brief description of the piece of no more than 3 sentences length. Entries should be submitted to me privately. Friend me on this site if we are not already friends and I will accept and give you a private e-mail address to send you entry to. During the time of the contest, you must not post your music here or link to it from here. Deadline to submit your entry to me is 3/6/20 at 5 pm EST.

Thank you. Looking forward to this!

7 entries in so far, thanks!  Deadline to submit your entry to me is 3/6/20 at 5 pm EST.

Great! Shall send a private message as soon as I am happy with what I have :D

Gav Brown said:

CONTEST RULES AND DEADLINE: Entries must include an MP3 or a link to an online sound file (e.g. YouTube, Soundcloud, etc.). PDF of score optional but highly desired. If submitting a file or files, your name should not be on them anywhere (if that is not possible with a link to an online file, that is ok). Optionally, you may submit a brief description of the piece of no more than 3 sentences length. Entries should be submitted to me privately. Friend me on this site if we are not already friends and I will accept and give you a private e-mail address to send you entry to. During the time of the contest, you must not post your music here or link to it from here. Deadline to submit your entry to me is 3/6/20 at 5 pm EST.

Hello Gav,

I would like to submit my "Balletto dell'Asino", but unfortunately it has a 9 minutes duration... Even one part would take more than 2 minutes...

Jos

I understand your problem. I have over 60 dance pieces of many types but all are 5 - 12 minutes in length. That is why I composed a piece for this contest. Rules here have been fair in the past years since I've been on this site.

Have you thought of a minuet or break down of one of your pieces with a few modifications to fit the time requirements? It is done frequently with commercial sequences that I sell. If you need help I may be able to.

PM sent to Jos

There are many bad compositions that are too long, but there are no good compositions that are too short.

George Abbott said:

I understand your problem. I have over 60 dance pieces of many types but all are 5 - 12 minutes in length. That is why I composed a piece for this contest. Rules here have been fair in the past years since I've been on this site.

Have you thought of a minuet or break down of one of your pieces with a few modifications to fit the time requirements? It is done frequently with commercial sequences that I sell. If you need help I may be able to.

Thanks George, but I can choose another dance piece or make a reduction of the Balletto. As far as I remember, I've made a Passepied some time ago. That takes about 2'.

Thanks for your reply,

Jos

George Abbott said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service