Composers' Forum

Music Composers Unite!

Hello colleagues,

Composers’ Forum proposes the following contest: write a piece of music of no more than 2 minutes in length, any instrumentation, any style, on the theme of “Dancing.” The work does not have to be a dance. In order for this contest to be a go, 10 members must commit to enter the contest. Express interest in the contest by responding to this thread with “I’m in!” The deadline to commit to the contest (but not to submit an entry) is 2/7/20 at 5 pm EST. If there are 10 commits, the contest will be a go.

Gav

Site Manager

Composers’ Forum

Views: 1909

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in.

I’m in!

Oh, well. I can't refuse, can I...?! I'm in - with the humble aim to improve my result from the last competition by becoming second to last this time... ;-)

Thank you for the initiative - it is very much appreciated! (And it is great to see such an immediate resounding interest).

I am an amateur! But I would like to commit too. :)

22 commits so far! Deadline to enter (but not submit an entry) is 2/7/20 at 5 pm EST!

Haven't been on the site for a while.

Can you tell me how I submit my piece for 'Dancing'.

What format. PDF score plus audio?

I'm in, it sounds like a fun challenge and I don't write much dancey stuff

24 commits so far! Paul, entries will be accepted as an mp3, with a PDF preferred but not required. Links to SoundCloud / YouTube / other will also be accepted. Entries must be submitted to me privately so that when the contest begins, I can post them anonymously (to the extent that is possible, given that SoundCloud / Youtube / etc. files are often branded with the composer's name). I will put up the full details of the contest, including the deadline to submit entries and how to get them to me, later this weekend.

Paul Mitchell-Davidson said:

Haven't been on the site for a while.

Can you tell me how I submit my piece for 'Dancing'.

What format. PDF score plus audio?

Hi, Gav, I'll give it a whirl, a spin and a twist. :>}

Thanks Roger,

25 Commits so far!

I am in. Thanks!

I'm in!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Read before you sign up to find out what the requirements are!

Store

© 2020   Created by Gav Brown.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service